𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝗱𝗶𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗽𝗶𝘀𝘀

✧ 26th September 1994 ✧Sacramento

Sacramento

THE SOUNDCHECK was overloaded with Maia's jumping on the stage, testing just how much of her weight it could take. She had a habit of going rambunctious amidst performance, which really meant that she would disappear from the eyesight as a distorted blur, whilst she sprinted around the stage and shook it up.

Oftentimes she would try to foolishly distract her bandmates—–kissing Carti's cheeks, and doing pretty much the same to Anette, only she would get the special treatment of Maia's filthy jokes.

The venue was relatively big, not that it was a surprise to them.

Carti was smoking, staring ahead at the vast emptiness ahead of the stage, with Anette taking a sip out of her drink.

"I think soundcheck's all good for now." Sophie, their tour manager announced, handing Maia her jacket, so as to say that they were free to head off. "Remember please, you've got to be here three hours before. Lots of stuff to do, and you need to be in your zone."

"Not out first rodeo, Soph." Carti reminded, smiling gently at the girl. They always liked Sophie, she was very warmhearted and easy to get along with. And considering the reputation that the band has, she was patient enough to endure every mess on tour, from the band's untidy and feral nature, to their absolute drastic measures to ensure that life was a living hell. She had been with the band since the very beginning, and at that point, she was basically a part of the band itself. "Have some fun won't you?"

The girl frowned, disagreeing, and pushed his hand away when he tried to offer her a huff of his cigarette. She did smoke, but wasn't feeling it just yet. Sophie often joined the band before shows as they relaxed and got into their zone. "You guys take up all the fun already. Someone's got to be on duty and keep you away from having too much fun."

"No such thing as too much fun." Anette corrected, and Maia nodded eagerly. If there was one thing about Libertines, it was that they were known for being reckless and wild, and it was no secret that they were extremely open about their experiences——going as far as talking about their fair share of orgies, which, up until today, seems to become a front page spectacle for the band. It was what everybody talked about whenever the band was mentioned, and it simply sculpted their reputation.

"With you lot, yes." Sophie shook her head, almost shuddering at all the times she had to settle the trio down from overdoing their leisure time with ecstatic fun, or the times when she had to stop Carti from going up to somebody and picking a fight over something mild. "And speaking of. Oh God, and listen to me carefully. When you go back to the hotel and think you've spotted Noel or Liam Gallagher, please just turn around and ignore them."

The three of them paused momentarily, exchanged confounded glances with one another. They wondered what the Gallagher brothers would have anything to do with this, or why they would be at the same hotel as them. But then it hit the trio that Oasis was also in the States for their Definitely Maybe tour, and they had even bumped with some of them before. Which reminded Anette about the moment she had walked in on, when they were back in Seattle.