𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧'𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐚

✧ November 1991 ✧

✧ November 1991 ✧

NOEL GALLAGHER vividly remembered how he felt when Liam and Oasis first played the song he had written ages ago when he worked in construction. It was at a room at the Boardwalk, and the world didn't seem to have mattered anymore. Just him and his music.

It was ethereal, and it was as though he was on ecstasy due to how surreal it was. To be able to stand there, listening as the homely words he once wrote on a piece of paper being played and sang into his own face. It was the very first time when he realised that maybe he had business to do in the industry. In a band even.

"There's no fucking way you wrote this mate." Bonehead uttered in disbelief, almost switching between smiling and giving an unconvinced look. The piece of paper was grasped in his hand, the lyrics staring back at him, and Tony was towering over his shoulder, just as shocked. "You yanked this off from someone, didn't you, eh?"

Noel was torn between a crash of pride due to the fact that they couldn't believe he had written something so immaculate, and offended that they thought he wasn't capable of it. "Like I yanked off ya mam's fucking knickers last night?"

The boys bursted out into laughter, with Liam practically jumping on his brother's side and shaking in elated waves. Bonehead only rolled his eyes, putting the paper away and focusing on the guitar that was strapped around him.

They were at the Manchester Boardwalk, there was a room where they were allowed to practice at——and Liam had invited Noel over to listen to the band, in spite of the fact that the older Gallagher already attended Oasis' gig at The Boardwalk a few days ago, and openly stated that he thought they were proper rubbish.

Liam asked if Noel was interest in being their manager. He turned his brother down with a snort, thinking that Liam had lost the plot. Liam's reasoning was that because Noel worked for the Inspiral Carpets, then perhaps he would know some people and connections that might help the band. Only Noel thought that they could do better than him.

Even then, Liam insisted that his brother hung around with the band, listening in to their practice.

"This is a'right, y'know." Liam said, grabbing the lyrics that his brother had worked on, nodding gradually. He was holding a bottle of beer in one hand, drinking them. "They're not half bad, and I think we were proper fucking good at playing it."

They played the song to Noel just mere minutes ago, and everybody was simply impressed. They had the sound. The lyrics. And the voice. At once, they sounded like a real band.

Noel scoffed. "Course they're not half-bad." He returned back, he thought it was fucking brilliant, if not one of the best piece of work he had ever worked on as of then. It was a song called Live Forever, and it was scrap that he came up with ages ago. "It's fucking mental, man. It's better than all the arse you lot call songs."