𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐞𝐬

✧ 26th July 1995 ✧London, England

✧ 26th July 1995 ✧
London, England

SHE WOULD have been lying if she said she wasn't devastated to miss Camilla's birth to their newborn child, but as it was, Libertines were far too busy on their tour, and Maia did not have the ability to fly back to London just for it.

But even then, she was relatively relieved that this was the case. She didn't particularly want to see her half siblings, all of whom flew to pay Camilla and Morten a friendly visit, along with her mother. Now, in spite of the complex relationship Maia had with her mother——Joan, the Norwegian girl still loved the woman without any apprehension. After all, in a way, her mother was the only biological family she had besides her extended ones.

When Christian Cartier walked out on the band without ever looking back, Anette took it upon herself to try and glue back the pieces together. She spoke to their manager, she spoke to their label. She rang Carti endlessly, in spite of the lack of answers. She argued with Maia til the point of no return. Eventually, though, it came as useless. And the two of them decided to take a break from tour. Besides, they had no idea how they were going to function with a member of the band down. It wasn't like they had much man power to begin with, but now they lacked in every aspect.

Anette said that it was something Maia should have thought about.

The drummer wasn't too happy, or pleased, at all. She simply had to keep herself together, not wanting her relationship with Maia to be strained now that hers with Carti's was already being affected by his feud with the front woman. Anette was wildly discontent with Carti's leave, having lost all control of her emotions and mind, screaming at Maia and their manager to clean up the mess and convince the boy to return back to the band. Their manager advised against it, stating that it was far too early to do so, and that it would do the band some good to take some time apart, to allow Carti to get a breather.

He promised that he would reach out to the bassist when the time was right, only to be met with Maia's pursue in disagreement.

Something that Anette never understood, and tried her hardest not to implode over.

"So is that it?" Camilla questioned with curiosity, her face crinkled in bemusement, her legs wandering around the kitchen as she cradled their newborn girl—–Marie, in her arms, gently hopping on her heels every once in a while to soothe the baby. "It's over just like that? Or are you going to try and talk things over?"

Anette remained silent when she observed Maia shrug with disinterest, merely leaning over the kitchen countertop and swirling her glass of wine around.

The two of them made the decision to stop by for dinner at Morten and Camilla's, after the couple heard of what had occurred between the band, and wanted to know the truth behind Carti's split. That, and they wanted Maia and Anette to finally meet their baby girl. After all, they wanted to break the news that those two rockstars would be the god mothers to the newborn. It was no surprise, Maia meant everything to the couple, and in a way, she was inevitably Cami's little sister. And as for Anette, well, she had been a part of the family from the very moment she befriended the Norwegian girl.