12 | Rooting For You

He wrote that night "Don't fall in love with him"
he said "Don't fall in love"
✧༺♥༻✧

"What's wrong with him?" I asked myself mentally over and over again as I kept glancing his way.

We haven't spoken a word to each other all day. We were friends, I think but if we hadn't become friends I would feel this to be normal. He was on his side of the room and I was on mine. Not a single word has been exchanged and I didn't understand why.

I sigh loudly and sit up from lying on my stomach. I had to catch up on studying but that can wait. I hop off my bed and put on my shoes, looking towards the boy who spaced out, I shake my head lightly before walking towards him with my hand out "Let's go"

Minho looks at me for the first time today, brows pushed together "Go where?" He asks while taking my hand, and getting off his bed.

"Don't ask, just follow" I led us out of the room after Minho stumbled to put on his shoes, making no move to let my hand go.

As I drag him through the halls, his cold hand in mine. It was past roaming hours and no doubt would we hear about this in the morning once the dean gets ahold of the camera footage. The school was really strict when it came to the rules set here, especially roaming hours.

I push through the familiar door that leads to the stairwells, quickly walking up them as Minho follows along quietly. Getting to the top and opening the last door that led to the rooftop.

The bright moon peeked through the clouds as the cool breeze blew past us. I let out a small sigh and smiled softly as I let go of the boy's hand, walking to the edge of the building and hopping on the ledge to sit down.

"Be careful" Worry laced Minho's voice as I felt his hand go to my arm to keep me from falling.

I look over my shoulder "I come up here often"

Minho studied me, letting go of my arm. He doesn't join me in sitting on the ledge but instead leans onto his forearms to take in the view. "I never thought to come up here" He mumbles lowly along the breeze.

I watch him as his eyes hover over the fielding that is dark below us. His hair moves in the wind as his nose starts to slowly tint pink from the cold air.

I look down to my dangling legs "Sometimes I talk to the moon" I open up, looking ahead to the trees that surrounded the school. "Maybe I'm delusional to think it listens to me"

I felt his eyes on me and I fought myself to not look his way, to meet his brown eyes. "I never had anyone to talk to... nobody to listen" My vision blurred and I cleared my throat, blinking away the tears. I looked at him and he looked at me, he heard me and he was listening. "I know you're going through something, you don't have to tell me but I am here to listen"

Minho inhaled sharply and looked away, shaking his head lightly "I-I don't..."

"It's okay" I reassure him, turning around and no longer facing the view but was welcomed with a new one "Like you said, not everyone is as open as I am"

Minho's gaze snaps back to me and he shakes his head "I don't want you to think it's a bad thing to be an open book, it's not" His cold hand raised to my warm cheek, sending shivers down my spine and all I want is to lean into his touch. "I like that you trust me enough to tell me these things"

"Maybe I work on you trusting me next?" I smirk, trying to lighten up the mood.

Minhos thumbs glide over my cheek "I do trust you" He tells me his eyes gazing over my lips but only for a second before he says "Not so much myself" He withdraws all contact and I suddenly become cold.

Running his finger through his hair as he shrugs "It's my dad" He tells me, "I've done something that's pretty fucking reckless"

"We're young, kids our age do dumb shit all the time"

"He wants the best for me" Minho turns and leans against the ledge, his arm brushing my leg as he says "He wants me to end this school year more mature-minded and to stop being so irrational"

My curiosity peaked, wanting to know how irritated the boy beside me was and what he did wrong to have his dad call him and send him in this downward spiral.

"To work with him?" I ask and Minho tenses, "I mean, a lot of boys here have jobs lined up for them after graduation"

Minho was silent for a moment before saying "Not with him" His words were slow, trying to figure out how to word them. He was good at that, opening up but not fully opening up. "More like take over his business"

My eyes widened "That's... that seems like a lot to handle right after graduation" It made sense now, why his stepmom wanted him to continue school... to have a normal teenage life before stepping into such a big role.

"It's a lot of pressure" He admits, I could practically feel the stress roll off of him. "I'm afraid"

I frown and place my hand on his shoulder, making him look at me "I'm rooting for you, you don't need to be afraid"

Minho walks in front of me, standing between my legs and wraps his arms around my waist. I froze for a second before wrapping my arms around his neck. He hugged me tightly, he needed this... I needed this.

I smooth over his back soothingly "You'll do great"

"I don't want to fail him" He whispers into the nape of my neck, feeling his hot breath drag along my skin, and if this wasn't such a serious conversation I'd risk it all.

I pull him closer "You won't fail him, you're his son and he loves you" Minho pulls away but just enough to look at me, his arms still wrapped around me.

He said nothing but his eyes said enough. We have seen, listened, and opened up to each other. I want to kiss him. God, I so badly wanted to kiss him.

"Thank you" He whispers between us, "I don't think I deserve your kindness"

"You deserve a lot more than kindness, Minho"

[Now playing : Lonely Shade of Blue
by Nick Leng]