22 | Alone, Again

I burn for your touch
But I'll never be enough
✧༺♥༻✧

I was back to my ways. In the sense that I won't be going to any more of the school games. I went to one and we both know how that ended. The good thing is the others stopped hounding me to go.

This Friday I spent it like usual. Filled with studying all while listening to the cheers from the game—the window cracked slightly open to let the sound pour in.

The difference tonight was this lingering tension from the team, I noticed it first with Minho and how the coach was working them till the very last second of practice... this game seemed more intense and I didn't realize it until now.

Before the game had ended I left the room to shower, knowing Minho would be exhausted after and all I wanted to do was cuddle up with him. I waited till the last minute, so caught up in studying and so I tried rushing my shower as much as I could. Let's just say, I wasn't quick enough.

Walking into the room and I was immediately hit with the harsh voice "I already explained everything!"

I silently walk into the room, Minho's eyes go to me but as he quickly looks away I know I walked in at a bad time. "Dad, I can't talk about this right now... I'll call tomorrow" and as the call ends I watch as his fist meets with his wardrobe.

Quickly I go to him, grabbing his hand as he mutters out a curse "What's going on?" I look into his eyes with worry, looking back down to his reddening fist.

He pulled his hand from my hand, for a second I stared at my empty hands until he grabbed my face in his hands, placing a small kiss on my forehead, "Nothing"

I look up and meet his eyes, "Minho..." I call him name lightly.

His jaw tenses before he lets go of my face, "I have to go"

My brows push together as I helplessly watch him walk past me and leave the room without another word. I stare at the door, confused and a little hurt.

He doesn't owe me an explanation, doesn't mean I wasn't worried. I was worried for many reasons. A lingering one in my head because I knew the possible place he could be going to right now. The party in the woods.

So, anxiously I waited. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep without knowing if he was alright. I tried calling a couple times but nothing, gave up because I felt stupid and I was about to finally call it a night... or at least try to until a knock sounded through the room.

Maybe he forgot his key? I mentally tell myself as I walk to the door, opening it to be even more confused.

"What are you doing here?" I didn't try to hide my irritated tone while talking to the boy.

"To talk" He walks past me and invites himself in. I scoff and close the door, following him into the room.

I cross my arms as I notice the boy look around the room, taking it in for the first time "So talk, I don't have all night"

His blue eyes meet mine and he shakes his head, "Is this how you spend all your nights?" I furrow my brows "Alone"

I swallow harshly, hiding the fact that his words were like he was mentally throwing rocks at my glass walls. Deep down I knew that he knew he was hurting me.

"Is that why you're here?" I ask, "To hurt me?"

Luke shakes his head and takes a step closer to me, "No, I'm here to make you realize that he isn't good for you"

"And you are?" My voice was harsh and raised, "You're good for me?"

"No" He gives me a sad smile, "But I can be... I will be if you let me"