18

*Friday, 6pm*

Avery

Nick is picking me up in an hour, and I'm nervous. I did not expect to be nervous... I've never been nervous for a date before, and in this case, I've already slept with the guy... So, what the hell? Ugh.

I just finished my hair; I curled it and pinned the top half back just a little to keep it out of my face. Of course, I'm wearing the white dress Nick asked me to, so that's one less thing to stress about, and I'm going to put on my basic, white heels. All that's left for me to do is makeup and pack my bag for the night. I'm keeping my makeup simple, just mascara, highlighter, fixing my eyebrows, and some light eyeshadow with a little blush. I'm getting better at doing my makeup without Mayas help, but I'm still going to play it safe for tonight. In the midst of my makeup, Maya comes in...

"Someone call a firetruck, I think you're gonna burn down the apartment complex with all that hotness."

I nearly cackle at her.

"You could just say I look good, like a normal person." I tease her.

"Yeah, but that's boring."

She sticks around for a little bit while I finish my makeup and pack my bag, and then go to put my dress on.

"Lingerie under the dress? Smart girl." she says.

I put on my light pink lingerie set; it's a lace bra, lace thong, and I'm bringing the garter and stockings that go with it because unfortunately, I can't wear that with the dress, it looks weird and of course it's obvious, so that ruins the surprise for Nick.

"Shoot, he's almost here. How do I look?" I ask, shimmying my dress down and fluffing my hair. I feel a little ridiculous for caring this much, since I usually don't. Nick has some sort of effect on me that no other man has. 

"Do I need to re-tell the fire pickup line?" she says.

I laugh at her, grab my bag, put on my big fluffy jacket to keep warm, and hug her before I head out.

I leave the apartments and walk across the street, near the school, to a dark area where Nick is parked and get into the car, putting my bag in the back seat. He's got on a black suit, and a hat that does pretty well at covering his face. You'd think we were hiding from the police with how much precaution we're taking.

"I feel like I look like a high-end escort with this jacket and this dress, sneaking into a dark car." I joke.

"Emphasis on 'high-end'." he chuckles.

"And I'd pay any amount you asked for." he winks at me.

"Alright, you creep. Drive the car." I laugh.

He begins to drive away and smiles at me.

"On a serious note, you look absolutely stunning." he says, frequently looking over at me.

"You look deliciously handsome." I smile, reaching my hand out and touching the back of his neck. He shifts in his seat a little.

"Everything alright?" I ask.

"Mhm." he mutters.

"But if you keep dragging your nails across my skin like that... I'm gonna have to pull this car over and make them dig deeper." 

Oh...

"I didn't realize you were so sensitive to my touch." I giggle.

"I didn't either. But then again, I'm sensitive to all of you... And nails on my skin is a weak spot for me."