29

*Thursday/Thanksgiving*

Nick

"I wish I could lay you on the table for thanksgiving." I text Avery.

She gets back to her place tomorrow, but I'm not going to be back until Sunday. This is the longest we've gone without seeing each other since... Ever, actually. It's difficult.

"Don't do this to me right now... I'm with my mom." she replies. 

"Do what, princess? I just like the idea of laying you on a table, tying each limb to a table leg and licking every inch of your body until you're dripping wet with desire." I reply.

It's a bit too much fun to tease her. Unfortunately, I'm also teasing myself in the process, but I can't help it.

I stick my phone in my back pocket and head into the kitchen to help my mom and Luke with cooking. 

My mom puts me on mashed potato duty, while she continuously checks on the turkey, does the gravy, and Luke is making the stuffing.

In the middle of mashing the potatoes, my phone buzzes in my back pocket.

I have to focus on containing myself when I open my texts to a short video from Avery, sticking her finger inside herself and then licking her finger clean.

Good god almighty...

"You alright there, son?" Luke asks me.

I choke back my thoughts and look up at him.

"Oh, yeah, why?"

"You just looked shocked there for a moment." he chuckles.

"Oh. No, I'm alright. Just work stuff." I reply.

"Gotcha. I hope they're not working you too hard over there."

"They're not, it's nothing I can't handle. Besides, I love the work."

"I know you do, and your mom tells me you have quite the assistant to help you." he smiles.

"That I do. She makes it a lot easier, and she's pleasant to work with." I smile back.

"And he's in love with her." my mom chimes in.

"Mom!"

"I'm sorry honey but you are. Or at least you're close to it. You deny it but I saw the way you two looked at each other... A mother knows." she says.

"Honey, I don't think you should assume Nick's feelings for anybody, let alone a student of his." Luke replies.

"She may be a student, but they're not far in age, honey. If you saw what I did, you'd say the same thing." she says.

"Even if I did have feelings for her, what difference would that make?" I ask.

"Maybe you'd have a girlfriend." she replies.

"My student? Mom... I can't believe you're insinuating that I would date a student."

I know, I sound terribly hypocritical right now, because I am dating a student, but she doesn't know that, and she doesn't need to. At least, not yet. Besides, it's baffling to me that she seems so okay with it. Last time, she said to wait until after graduation, now she seems to not care about that.

"I can't believe it either, hon. But that should tell you something about her." she says.

Well, she makes a point there...

"So, if I came to you and said I was dating a student, you'd just be okay with it? You'd be happy?"

"Not any student... Avery. She's the only one I'd accept."