EPILOGUE - 1/2

ZAIRON AERO GAVILAN

"Welcome back, Aero," my older brother greeted me upon my arrival. I glanced down at the young child beside him, who looked at me with innocent eyes before quickly hiding behind his father.

"That's your Tito Zairon. Say hello, son," Kuya Zim instructed him.

I squatted down so that I was at eye level with the child. "Hello buddy," I said with a faint smile.

The boy peeped out from behind his father and gave me a shy wave of his hand. "Hi Tito Zairon," he croaked hoarsely.

I chuckled, "It's nice to meet you. What's your name?"

He hesitated for a moment before answering, "I'm Zyrel."

"It's great to have a little buddy like you around,"I replied, ruffling his hair gently.

My brother watched the interaction with a smile on his face. "He's been asking about you. He's excited to meet his Tito Zairon."

I stood up, patting his head one last time. "I'm glad to finally meet him too. We'll have to spend some time together, won't we?"

Zyrel nodded, "Yes, Tito Zairon."

"YOU haven't visited us in two years. Alam mo ba kung bakit tinawag ka ni lolo?" tanong ni Kuya Zim habang nagmamaneho.

"Yeah. He didn't tell me but I know." I replied.

"You should stop investigating the incident, Aero. It's been almost four years since he died. Whatever we did, it was still useless."

I lay down on the seat. "Don't worry. I will stop it from now on."

"That's reli-"

"Because almost all of them are dead," I added plainly.

Agad napabreak ang kotse. Pumikit ang mata ko dahil wala akong tulog sa eroplano. It's tiring.

"What did you say?" Unti-unting tumaas ang boses niya. "Aero.." banta niya.

Minulat ko ang mata at tinagilid ang aking mukha upang makita siya. "They are already dead, and I did pay someone to kill them, but they died before I could even carry out the plan," I corrected.

"Hindi mo ba naiintindihan ang pinaggagawa mo? You're playing with fire, and you think it's okay?"

I sighed, annoyed. "You don't have to worry. They're gone, and it's not my concern anymore."

His eyes narrowed, "Iniisip mo ba ang sasabihin ng magulang natin? You're risking everything you have left, Aero. You're doing it again!"

"What? You're going to say how useless I was that I can't even save my own twin?" I hissed, "You don't know anything," I added coldly.

"Ganoon ka na ba katapang dahil palaging pumapabor si Lolo sa'yo?"

My jaw clenched. "You think it's a favor?" I chuckled bitterly. "It's not a favor, Kuya Zim. It's a responsibility that I have to carry because you're too weak to do it yourself!"