Chapter 8 Stella got pregnant.

Reagan quickly adverted his gaze, he picked up the documents to take a look.

The woman quickly stood beside his chair and said " Boss, this one is from the finance department, they forgot to print it on the cover, while this one is a new project we are planning to do, please take a look and see if there's anything to change or make adjustments for." She said.

" Ok." Was Reagan short reply.
" I'm leaving now, if you need anything just press the red button on your table." She said then turned around to leave.

As she left, her hips swayed seductively until she reached the door, expecting to see Reagan's eyes following her swaying hips but when she looked back at him, he wasn't even bothered to look at her. He was just focused on his work.

She needed to try harder. Elena was the new secretary assigned to Reagan. Blake didn't come along because Reagan told him to take care of his family and drive his father to work.

****
Three weeks later.

Stella went to work the next day. She had already gotten the news from her co-workers that the big boss had travelled and that he won't be back till three years time.

Sonia was sad when she heard the news.

Stella didn't react at all because she didn't know who the big boss was, she only knew about his breathtaking representative.

After greeting Clara, she went to her office. She had written lots of kids poem so she was free today.

Stella was swiping up continuously on her phone, watching short videos when a call suddenly came through and before she knew, she swiped up and the call was connected.

She didn't want to answer this call but her fast fingers did it for her.

" Hello, Stella have you thought about what I told you the last time, let's get back together please." Clinton begged.

Stella wanted to play with him a little so she said " Ok fine, I know it was Sophia and Sophie that made you do what you did to me, I forgive you, let's get back together but first answer this question, where you with any other girl after what happened that night?"

Clinton's throat suddenly became dry, his quietness proved to Stella that what she saw that day was real.

" Clinton why aren't you answering me, did you really meet another girl, oh my god, I can't really believe that you would do this to me." Stella faked a sad and heartbroken cry.

Clinton quickly shouted " No, no, I wasn't with any other girl!"

" Don't lie to me Clinton." Stella said as she opened her phone gallery, waiting for the right time to drop the bomb.

" I'm not lying, why would I ever lie to you." Clinton tried to defend himself.

" Clinton, you have once again lost my trust for you."
Stella tapped on the picture she took the other day, then she forwarded it to Clinton.

When Clinton saw it, his face changed, he didn't know what to say again.

" The boy kissing another girl in this picture, isn't it you, didn't you just say that you weren't with any other girl, thanks for your lies, I have been looking for ways to get rid of you so I purposely asked you that question to see if you would be truthful but you still lied.

Clinton, after this day, don't ever bother me again, since you already have a new girlfriend, you two should live a happy life together, if possible get married and stop pestering me because I won't accept you back." Stella hung up the phone.

Stella was no longer in a good mood. She looked at the date in her phone, that was when she realized that her monthly friend hadn't come to visit her.

Today was 8th of May and after calculating, she found out that one month and one weeks had passed since she last saw it. She became uneasy. Stella entered her phone caller app and dialed Mira's number.

" Hello, what's up Stella." Mira's voice came through.
" Meet me at the Brighton's hospital." Stella said as she rounded up the little work she did.

" Oh my gosh, what happened to you, why are you in the hospital?" Mira asked, a little panicked.

" Just come, I'm heading there now." Stella ended the call and checked out of work before going to the hospital.

Brighton's hospital was a specialist only hospital were most experts worked.

It wasn't too far but you needed to use transportation to get there faster.

When Stella came down from the transport bus, she was a little surprised to see that Mira was already there.

They both walked into the hospital as Stella explained her reason for coming.

Stella thought of something for being the reason as to why she hadn't yet seen it but she shaked her head and did not believe it.

After the doctor took her blood sample, they left to do the test.

Stella started sweating for no reason. Her palms became cold and her thoughts began to run wild.

After waiting for like what seemed like a whole day, the doctor called her into his office and handed her the reports.

Stella hands started shaking as she asked the doctor " What does it says?"

The doctor glared at her and said " Mrs Brooks, the report is with you, you can check it out yourself."

Stella's hand became unstable as she opened the report and looked at it. Tears streamed down her face as her eyes locked gaze with the words she didn't want to see.

" Mrs Brooks, you are five weeks pregnant." The doctor blotted out. He looked at her and her expression showed it all that she wasn't ready for this pregnancy.

Stella didn't know if she should be happy or not. Mira held her trembling shoulders and comforted her.

" Don't think too much Stella, I know it's hard for you to accept but don't do anything that will harm the innocent child, I'm here and I'll help you take care of your child, I can also tell my mom, she loves taking care of children, you are not alone." Mira said.

" You can abort the child if you don't want it but the man that got you pregnant has to sign." The doctor continued.

Mira angrily stared at the doctor. " She's not aborting any child, the little soul is innocent so why would she abort it."

Stella gently placed her hand on her stomach. Her mind went back to that night in the dimly lit room.

The human beast that tore her clothes and threw her into the bed multiple times had caused this to happen to her.

After some minutes, Stella and Mira walked out of the hospital.
When they arrived home, Stella went into her room and closed the door.

She thought of how hard it must have been for her mother when she got pregnant with her.All thanks to her stepsisters and Clinton.

When she thought of how Clinton had called her and said that he wanted to get back with her, she became angry. He had caused her pain.

Stella fell asleep on her bed after thinking for too long.

***

Reagan woke up early as he always did and got ready for work.

Reagan stayed in the Brighton's second manor where his brother also lived. He had his own private villa which was painted black and grey and had a fence around it. He had stayed here many times before.

When he came out of the villa, Elena was already waiting by the car.

" Good morning boss." Elena greeted as she stood in front of Reagan, wearing a red sexy dress that stuck to her body and outlined her curvey figure.

Reagan tried not to let his eyes wander up and down her body. He nodded his head and entered the back seat.

Elena sat on the driver's seat and started the engine before driving out of the manor.

Minutes later, the car stops in the underground parking lot. Reagan came down and entered the private elevator, he waited for Elena who was parking the car.

She quickly entered and pressed the button to the fifty fifth floor. When it stopped she came out first and went to her office while Reagan went to his office.