Chapter 29

*Heyy, follow me on insta for updates and ideas!*

Short chapter fyi. Oh, and I totally forgot to add that they are in the mansion now. I'm too lazy to add it now tho. So just imagine them there.

~~~~~~~

I was on a high. 

My cheeks hurt from smiling so much. I had no idea I could be this happy. 

This man has made me happier than I could have ever imagined. Happier than I have been in my entire life. Or lives, I guess.

I was in bliss, just snuggled up to my man, Hank asleep by our legs. My day couldn't be better.

I felt Nik's chest move from under me. I look up and smile at his sleepy face. He smiles lazily at me and sighs.

Happily, I hope.

"Good morning lovely." His voice rough from sleep.

"Good morning." I lean up to peck him on the lips.

He smiles into the kiss and pecks me twice before moving away.

I cup his cheek and caress him with my thumb. How could I be so lucky to have something this precious. 

Oh, yeah. I made a plan to catch my man. That's how, lol.

I chuckle and lean down to kiss his chest. He stares at me lovingly and leans into my palm.

"Let's go get a shower." I whisper to not break the bubble we're in.

He raises his eyebrows and I laugh.

"Not for that, but now that you mention it..."

He growls, wide awake now, and grabs me into his arms. I laugh and kiss him before getting up and running to the bathroom, him right behind me.

***

After we got dressed and ready, we went downstairs for breakfast. 

Me, pancakes with LOTS of syrup, and a side of fruit. Gotta be healthy ya'know?

Him, a blood bag poured in a glass. Which reminds me... 

"Hey, I wanted to ask you something." 

He looks at me and hums a yes.

"I've been thinking about this for a while, and if this is asking too much just let me know but... what if you don't use blood bags anymore?" 

He puts his glass down and looks at me curiously. He stands and crosses to me. He grabs my hands and laces our fingers together.

"What are you trying to say love?"

"I want you to feed from me." I rush out before I lose my nerve.

"Kitten-"

"I've thought a lot about this, okay? And before you say no, I just want to explain why. I watched in the show, that blood sharing is special. I don't know how special, or if it has a specific meaning, but I want to be as close to you as humanly possible. Or inhumanly, I guess. So I wanted- "

"Love, I-"

"Brother."

I jumped and snapped my head so hard my neck hurt.

Fucking Elijah.

Scared the shit outta me.

"Hello Niklaus. Mr. Gilbert." He nodded toward me.

I nod back cautiously and look to Nikki. He was glowering at Elijah like he was a pest. I mean he did just interrupt an important conversation so I'm kinda pissed too.

"Hey Eli, it's been a while huh?" I said as I smile at him.

He fake smiles at me and stuffs his hands in his pockets.

"Not long enough Mr. Gilbert." he says as he leans in the doorway.

I scoff and pout, rude. Nik chuckles and I shoot a glare his way. 

"What's so funny?"

"Don't take offence darling, you are just so cute when you pout." Nikki says while still chuckling.

I blush and look away. 'Cute', he says. Yeah, right. If anyone's cute, it's Hank.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I believe Mr. Gilbert and I have struck a bargain."

I stiffen and look at him coldly.

"We are aware of why you are here Elijah; don't think we are ignorant. Don't forget where you are. In your brother's house. His grounds and property. Have some fucking manners you piec-"

I feel Nik wrap his arms around me and hold me. I take a deep breath and let it out shakily. My anger fading only a little with his touch.

Elijah just stood there in disbelief for a moment before scoffing and shaking his head.

"He will keep his end of the bargain Elijah." Nik spoke for me.

"How soft you've gotten Niklaus. Letting a boy effect you so much."

Oh, crap.