<29>

Josie struggled as she attempted to pull the sharp object out, but slowly it came out. She began to siphon as well noticing the magical elements. After one last pull, the knife comes out and Josie lets out an exhausted breath as her protection mark slowly dissipates. After fully disappearing, Hope eyes shoot open and her body shoots up.

"Hope?" Josie smiled and Hope turned towards Josie.

"What happened?" She asked, smelling blood.

"You..." Josie trailed off, not finding the right words to explain what happened.

"You're alive! I knew you were alive." Lizzie tackled Hope into a hug then sobbed into her neck.

"Alive? Did I die?" Hope rubbed her chest, where the knife once was.

"You are in transition I'm sure." Josie inspected the protruding teeth and veins.

"You need to drink blood." Caroline reminded and Hope pulled Lizzie away for a second.

"My head is spinning, I need to lie down." Hope went to get up but almost fell down if Josie didn't catch her.

"Hope." Josie muttered.

"Hm?" Hope hummed, turning in her girlfriend's arms.

"I'm sorry." Josie gave her a soft smile.

"For?" Hope furrowed her eyebrows then her mouth was clasped by Josie's hand.

"Josie no!" Caroline pulled Josie's arm away and Josie watched as Hope swallow the pool of blood she drank from the brunette's hand.

They looked up to see red clouds forming and lightening striking in each layer of clouds.

"What's happening?" Jade looked around.

"A nexus vorti...Hope has been reborned." Caroline stepped back as Hope fangs popped out as she smirked.

"This feels good. But one questions." Hope turned towards Caroline.

"What is it?" Caroline swallowed a different form of lump in her throat.

"Why is she here?" Hope locked eyes with Jade.

"Hey I helped saved your life." Jade crossed her arms.

"Hm, I can smell my girlfriend's scent on you. Did you touch her?" Hope squinted her eyes.

"So what if I did?" Jade smirked and Hope eyes began to glow, next thing everyone knew, Hope's hand was in Jade's chest.

"Hope!" Caroline warned.

"Stay away from her, I won't tell you again. And if I do have to, I'll compel you to experience an agony worse than hell. Understood?" Hope asked, ignoring Caroline, Mg and Lizzie scared and Josie nonchalant.

"Fine, but...she will hate you." Jade muttered, only Hope was able to hear.

"We'll see about that." Hope pulled out her hand and Jade gasped for air as she held her chest.

"Can we trust you?" Caroline checked on Jade who was recovering but still in a bit of pin.

"Mom." Josie says softly to control herself.

"No, I get that you and her are together but this is unacceptable."

"Trust me or not Caroline but I will protect Josie with my life." Hope eyes flashed and so does Josie's.

"If you trust me then you'll trust Hope, Jade I told you continuously to leave me alone. You hurt me and I need space, I am trying to move on and I have moved on so please respect my boundaries." Josie concluded her speech, locking her hands with Hope then placing it on her belly. "The babies are kicking." She informed and Hope eyes widened then softened.