28 | 𝗥𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘆 𝗡𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

Chapter-28
Rainy Night

"Y/n?" It was strange of him to call you by your name all of a sudden. Looking at him, "Yes?" He stares at you, gulping down the lump in his throat before speaking. "I want to tell you something." The smile from your face fades away, just by the way Taehyung said so. Never did you ever see him hesitating to you.

"Are you fine?" "No.", he muttered. "What happened?" You checked his body, but he was all fine. "I was fine, until that night." "You talk about so many nights. I am always confused-" "That night, at the anniversary party, where you were wearing a red sleeveless gown, similar to the one you are wearing now.", he holds your shoulders. You frowned, "You remember it? I thought you don't remember it."

"How can I forget that night? That night is so special to me.", he smiles. You chuckled, "Did you find something special that night?", you joked. "Yes, I found you." A minute of silence consumed you. Did he really say so? You frowned at his words, "Huh?" "Can't you see it?", he utters. "See what?", you asked. "My love for you." You sealed your mouth, unable to utter a word.

"Did you know how beautiful you were looking that night? Did you know how you took my heart that night? Did you realise the lady in the painting you made on my demand was you? Did you realise that I demanded you to make that painting to make you remember the night you were dressed in that red sleeveless gown? Did you?" Realisation hits you hard. How could you forget it? How couldn't you realise it?

"N-No." "You look the best in red, Y/n. The most breathtaking, beautiful, prettiest, ethereal lady I know is you, Y/n. In every colour, especially red." He steps closer to you. Holding tighter on to your hands, he was at the verge of crying. "I love you, Kim Y/n. Did you ever notice my care and love for you?" That was so silly of him to ask it. He made it so oblivious, how couldn't you notice it? "Of course, I did. And it is what made you fall for you, Taehyung. I love you too. And I hope you don't doubt it."

Taehyung felt his heart weigh lighter with your every word. He smiles at you, pulling you into a hug. The rain was the perfect thing. "How couldn't you figure out about the lady in the painting? How can you ask Jungkook if she is someone I broke up with? Was it that hard to recognise yourself?" "I had no idea.", you hugged him back. You wanted to laugh at yourself for your silly self.

"I was staring at you throughout the party. And you just spared a glance at me. That is so unfair of you.", he complains, just like a five year old. "Why are you crying then?", you smiled seeing him crying for nothing. "You expect me to laugh when I am confessing to you?", he glares at you. "No.", you giggled. "Aren't you emotional? Here, I am crying, and you are laughing."

"As if I didn't know that you love me. It was so easy to tell that you love me. The way you care for me, the way you keep me up, the way you laugh with me. It shows how much you love me. I am not blind, Taehyung. And about that party, I was alone over there. Jungkook was sticking to you, so I had no one to talk to. I ended up minding my own business and not sparing a glance at anyone."

"Jungkook didn't even tell me that you were his sister. I didn't have to search for you for so long if he had told me that you were his sister before. He even saw your picture with me, yet he didn't dare to tell me it was you, his sister." You laughed at him, "Jungkook hates telling others about me. He thinks that I am the prettiest lady in the world and every man can fall for me-" "He is right, though."

You stare at Taehyung, only to realise you are falling harder for him. "You are too sweet." "Only for you." How can you tell him that he is causing something in you that he shouldn't. Love can be healthy, but not always. Overdose of love may lead to addiction, craziness, or pain. Losing him is only a nightmare to you. A nightmare, through which, you don't want to suffer.

"You know what?", you asked. "What?" "Love is unhealthy when taken too much." "I know." "Then why do you make me fall harder for you everyday?", you asked. He chuckles, picking you in his arms. "Says the one who had me driving crazy for herself in love."

With that, he drops his head back, and starts swerving you both. And before you could proceed with what he said, you were already feeling nauseous. "Taehyung, you will slip in the rain, stop it!" He minded your words the least, and continued enjoying. You tightened your grip around his neck, "Stop it, Taehyung!"

He grunts out a loud sigh, putting you down. "You don't even let me enjoy it." "As if." Just then, you sneezed. "See, you caught a cold. Come, let's head home back. It's already late." You nodded, escorting into the car.

You stood by the mirror, "Do you want something?" "Like what?", he asks. "Something to eat.", you answered. "Then......... What about you?" Snapping your flustered gaze at him, you smiled anonymously. "Wh-What?" "You heard me right.", he winked at you. You pursued your lips together, trying to hide your wide smile.

"I mean, you are on the bed. I don't want to eat anything. Let's sleep." That was enough for you to snap to reality. You huffed and plopped on the bed. You didn't dare to face him. He giggles and hugs your back........

As usual, you woke up, stared hard at him, blushed for the silliest thought and made your way to the washroom.

Walking out of the washroom, you found him sitting on the bed, smiling at you. You smiled at him and proceeded to brush your hair. "Are you fine?", he asked. "Yes, nothing happened to me. Why are you asking so?" He sneers, "We were enjoying rain last night. You caught a cold, don't you remember?" The sneer, the words, made it clear about what he was trying to state.

You faked a smile, "And, are your cheeks normal?" "Yes, why?" "Because you were blushing a lot during the family dinner.", you sneered. Pulling you to him, he glares at you. You gasp, as you landed on his lap. Holding you tightly, he continued glaring at you.

"Are you teasing me?", he whispered in your ear. Shaking your head, you struggled to escape. "Don't lie." "Sorry, now let go off me." "Only this once.", he warns. "But you tease me too.", you glared at him. "So? You enjoy it." You pursued your lips together. "See, you like it, but I don't.", he smiles in mischief. "I don't like it.", you opposed.

"You do!", he snorts. You found it useless to fight with him for such a silly matter. Escaping his grip, you ignored him and continued brushing your hair. He holds your wrist, "Fine, I am sorry." He wraps his arms around your waist, yet you don't respond. "You know I am so heartless to others. At least, consider my efforts to be soft to you and forgive me." Pursuing your lips together, you forced your smile to hide.

"C'mon, I am not that good with my patience. Forgive this pervert.", he sounded so convincing, and you couldn't help but to melt. "Fine, I have forgiven you." "Thank you." He pulls you into a bone-breaking hug. "Hold me lightly, it's hard to breathe in your arms.", you threw a punch at him.

"Okay." He chuckled lightly.

Words countdown: 1200+ words

Congrats, you managed to control your anger for the cliffhanger. Anyways, I find this chap extremely cringe i must be jealous You must feel it too. And sadly, I am not satisfied with the confession part:(It lacks some things for sure. Emotions. For sure.

Anyways, Ilysm. Ty. 💜