01 | 𝗟𝗲𝘁'𝘀 𝗚𝗲𝘁 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗱

Chapter-01

Let's Get Started!

"Everyone loves me, but I love you."

Y/N's P

Y/N's P.O.V.

My phone buzzed, catching my attention. I placed the spatula down, and moved towards the counter, grabbing onto the phone. "Hello, appa?", I asked, knowing it is my dad. "Hello, my daughter." "Appa, what happened?", I asked. My dad let out a chuckle.

"Y/n, my daughter. Come to my office. Fast!", my dad sounded way too excited. It just made me hella curious and confused. "Why? I am already tired.", I said. He laughed, "Who made my daughter tired?" "Appa, your wife is so dangerous. She literally told me to cook so many dishes, as if someone is invited to our home tonight.", I whispered and glanced over to my mom, making sure she didn't hear it.

My dad giggled, "Fine, come to my office, you wouldn't have to cook here." I grinned while shaking my head, "I am coming." I said and turned around. I found my mom looking at me with her eyebrows raised up.

"Dad called me to his office. May I go?", I asked. "The dish?", she asked. "C'mon, eomma. Appa told me to come fast. How may I cook?", I whined. My mom sighed, closing her eyes, she nodded. I grinned wide and darted upstairs, to my room.

Opening the closet wide, I looked for my black shirt, "Here it is!" I exclaimed with joy, once I found it. Undoing the cardigan I was wearing, I slipped into the comfortable black shirt. I looked into my closet once again, finding a denim skirt, luckily, I found a dark blue one.

I changed into it, and started brushing my hair quite fast. "I feel like I am bald right now." I whispered when I saw my hair falling off. A bitter smile of dissatisfaction formed on my lips.

Throwing the brush aside, I looked for the keys of my car. Clutching onto the keys once I found them, I dashed down the stairs, almost on the verge of tripping. My mom stared at me rushing out of the house yet I decided to ignore her.

"Hello, uncle!", I waved at the guard standing by the entrance. He smiled at me with his eyes wrinkling up. "How is your son?", I asked. "He is absolutely fine. All thanks to your dad.", he said. I chuckled, "Mention not, uncle. It is our duty, after all, you are one of our trusted ones." He bowed at me and so did I.

"Looks like you are going somewhere.", he said. "Oh, yes! I have to go! Sorry! Bye!", I waved my hand at him. He smiled and returned it. I darted to my car, opening it before I get in.

A Few Moments Later...

I raised out of my car, picking up my purse, I saundered into the enormous building. As I entered, the receptionist bowed at me, so did I. I ambled towards the elevator, waiting for it to open. The elevator stopped and the employees walked out of it, bowing me one by one. I won't lie, my back hurts by bowing so much, everytime I come here. But my bad luck, it is my dad's agency. I can't help but to visit here twice a month.

I walked in, the elevator closed. "Good afternoon, Ms.Jeon.", he was unknown to me, but surely, he knew me. "Good afternoon, Mister." "You look tired after bowing to so many." I laughed awkwardly. "It is not like that. I am just....." "It is okay, Ms.Jeon. I understand it is awkward for you to confess it to an employee. But I only suggest you to bow to the elders, otherwise nod to the young ones."

It would be a lie if I say he is not giving me a good idea. But I decided not to disrespect someone. "I agree with you. But I don't think it would be respectful." "At once you will think so. But later on, you will realise it is nice." With his last words, he walked out of the elevator. I stared at his back disappearing from my sight, and then the door closed.

The elevator moved up, taking it to the tenth floor, where my dad's office is settled. "He was right, though. I wonder who he was." That was all I could say. I ignored it and continued to wait for the elevator to stop at the floor I wanted it to.

.

.

.

I knocked onto the glass door twice. I heard the familiar old laugh. Along with the laugh, I heard a come in. I pushed the glass door and walking in. There he is, the familiar laugh I was talking about, it was uncle Kim's laugh. The same bright, loud, and cheerful laugh I used to hear during my childhood.

Uncle Kim is my dad's old friend. It has been years since I last met him. The only thing I know about him is that he has three sons, whom I never saw. Auntie Kim, she is just like her husband. Cheerful, bright but a little calm. I loved them both a lot. I still remember how uncle Kim used to bring chocolates for me every time he visited us.

"Uncle Kim, hello!", I exclaimed with joy, after seeing my favourite uncle after years. A wide grin made its way to uncle's face. "Oh, my daughter, how are you?" I walked over to him, pulling him into a hug. "I am fine, uncle. What about you? How are you? How is auntie? How are your sons?"

"They all are fine, dear.", he said. "How come you are here?", I asked him, while sitting beside him on the chair. "Dear, for that, your dad will tell it to you." I looked over to my dad with a smile. "What is it, appa?", I asked. My dad shifted a little from his chair, it made me a little nervous. Every time my dad shifts from his seat, or rubs his hand together, he has to say something really shocking.

Just like that one time when he shifted from the couch and rubbed his hands together, when he had to tell us that Jungkook will be a mafia.

I frowned, worried of the thing. Am I going to be a mafia too?

"The thing is....... Your uncle is here for a marriage proposal.", my dad said. "F-For me?", I was a little unsure. "Yes. You know that your uncle has three sons. He wants you to marry the youngest one.", he said. "Who is he?", I asked. "Kim Taehyung.", uncle Kim said. "I never saw him. Neither do I know anything about him.", I said. "It is okay, my dear. I will tell you everything about Taehyung.", said my uncle.

"Taehyung is my youngest son. He is twenty-six years old. Sorry to say, but he is a mafia. I know that he is a little shy and introverted, but he is really kind and caring. You just need to win his trust.", said uncle Kim. "And about his appearance, here is his photo.", he added.

I took the polaroid from his hand. There he is, a man with black luscious hair, pretty eyes, perfect forehead, straight and thick eyebrows, a cute nose with a mole at the end, scarlet lips, bread cheeks and what not. It would be a lie if I say he is not handsome. He is beyond handsome. And the thing is, I have seen him before, at an anniversary party I was invited to. But as much as I remember, he was busy with some of the people present there.

I couldn't meet uncle Kim there, uncle Kim and auntie Kim were out of town, otherwise, for sure, they would have introduced me to him. And about Jungkook, who works along with Taehyung, I can't expect him to introduce me to anyone. He is just too busy with his work and friends, and barely spends time with me. That is why, I am not so close to him, I don't miss him, even though he is out of town for a meeting.

"Y/n?" I snapped out of my melody world when I heard them calling me. I snapped my gaze at uncle, he was smiling at me, as usual. "Yes?" "You seem to be lost in him already." The way uncle teased me only pulled me into embarrassment. Blood rushed to my cheeks, and I shook my head.

"Oh, no. I just remembered that I saw him before, at an anniversary party." "Oh, is it so?", he asked. I nodded. "So, do you agree?" I laughed awkwardly, "I-I think I need some time to decide." He smiled at me, " Why not. Take your time. After all, he isn't running away."

"I will leave now." I didn't want myself to be asked this question again and again, so I decided to take my leave. I waved my hand at them, and they returned it. After that, I escorted out of the cabin.

Words countdown: 1500+ words