31 | 𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗲

Chapter-31
Care

It was a nice day today—until you had to make a painting before the deadline

Yes, you worked on a painting of 12 hours under 6 hours. And it is done. In the end of the day, it is you, your job, and your home. Home? Home, your husband, and a cozy place to sit. It is your home.

This week, you were free, yet you had no painting to make. And now, on the weekend, when you wanted to visit Jungkook, someone had to place a quick order. Yes, you cursed him a lot. But in the end, the painting was well made despite the amount of time you made it in.

You opened the door and walked in. Lights were off, and you couldn't feel a single soul. Crazy to have yourself lonely when you needed someone to take care of you so much. What can you do now?

Dinner, you may order some food. A shower, no, you are too tired to even step forward. Rest, no, you can't have it. Taehyung will be home any soon, and you have to brag with him too.

So, you settled down on the couch. Your back, it can break any moment. And your feet- just don't mention it. They are at the verge of giving up. Another ten steps and you'll lose your feet, forever.

Who will bring you a hot pad now? You, yourself will. Never did you ever wished to be on a wheelchair so bad. Where is the hot pad? Horror climbs into your body. Neither can your legs work, nor can you find a hot pad without moving. What- should-you- do?

Wait for Taehyung, you guess. Looking at the grand clock hung high on the wall, you find its already nine. And Taehyung can come any moment. You smiled in satisfaction. Picking out your phone from your purse, you dialed some numbers.

"Hello?", says Taehyung from the other side. "Hello, Taehyung. Can you order some food for yourself on your way home? I am currently out." You lied, just not to get Taehyung to worry for you. Because.... You are kim y/N.

"Where are you?" "I am here, with Jungkook-" "Jungkook? But Jungkook is sitting with me." You choked on the air. "Hello, myself Jungkook. Golden boy-" "Shut up, Jungkook. Where are you, be honest?" "I am home.", you gave up. Yes, too early. You are too tired to even lie and argue with him.

"What happened? Are you fine?", asked Taehyung. "Just a normal sprain." "Are you sure it is normal? Because your voice says something else." "It is because of the pain. Don't mind me. I am fine. Just order something for yourself. I have eaten already." "When did you eat?" "I stopped by a restaurant. Then I headed home.", you lied, once again.

If you told him honestly, he will force you to eat. And you don't look any good to stuff your stomach with some food. "Okay then. I am almost here." "Okay, bye." "Bye.", and the call ended.

You closed your eyes, and accepted the fact that you are broken. You could doze off any minute but what kept you awake. was Taehyung will be here soon and you have to open the door for him. If you slept, then who will open the door for him? It's not like he has the keys of the entrance.

You were just in your thoughts, when you heard the door open. Horror finds its way into your body. You panic up. Who is here? How did they get in? Are they here to kidnap you? Are they here to rob your house? It was all dark so you couldn't even see anything.

You sit on the couch, with your broken spine. Picking the pot from the table, you get on your legs. Your legs trembled bad, but it wasn't the time to cry over your legs. The door closed from behind, and you notice the intruder make its way to the side. Like a cat, you kept your steps carefully, without making any noise.

The tall figure stopped by the switchboard, and you raised the pot up. Moving the pot quickly towards the stranger, you stopped when the lights turned on. It was Taehyung! Thank God that you didn't hit him. "W-What are you doing?", Taehyung blabbered. You sighed, falling on the floor. Tears of horror leave your eyes.

Physical pain hits you hard, and you shredded tears in pain. Seeing your helpless state, Taehyung crouches down to you. Holding your cheeks, he asked, "Are you fine? What were you doing?" "Y- You scared me. I thought someone is here to harm me." Taehyung gives you a silly smile, "I just entered in with the spare keys." "You could have told me that you had spare keys. Otherwise, I didn't have to terrify.", you scolded.

"Sorry." "Whatever." You run your hand through your hair. "What about your leg? Is it hurting a lot?", he asks. "No, just a mere sprain." You tried getting up, but ended up failing. "Oh, I don't think it is a mere sprain. Be honest, what happened to your feet?"

Lie? No.

"They are hurting a lot. I walked a lot today. And now they are aching really bad." He sighed, "Why did you lie?" "Just not to push you to worry." "As if I won't worry when you have a mere sprain.", he huffed. You hung your head low.

"Come, let me help you." He picks you up from the floor, making his way to the couch. You plopped on the couch, exhaustion taking the best of you. "Lie down." You did as he said. He settles down on the other side, keeping your feet on his lap. "What are you doing?" "Doing what I should." He smiles at you and started masaging your feet.

"Don't do it!" "Why?" "I don't like it when someone touches my feet." You pulled your legs back. "Don't be stubborn. Let me do it." Can you argue for this right now? Of course not. You let him do what he wanted to, and closed your eyes.

You were asleep by now. Taehyung brought you to your bedroom long ago even though you insisted him not to. He even caught you lying about the fact that you didn't eat. He fed you with the food he ordered. You didn't want to eat, but had to. You were peacefully sleeping. "You work so hard. Why do you have to overwork yourself? You are just a small soul trying to work hard for a better life. I know you love to paint, but overworking yourself in this way is wrong. If you ever agree, I'll set you a proper workplace for your work. You're the queen that I obey. Your one word is enough for me to be the way you want. I love you a lot, my lady in red."

Words countdown: 1100+ words

Nah bruh, it ain't the last chap. The epilogue is coming soon but it is not the last chapter. Yes, a spoiler, the epilogue is closer than you think.

Yes, ending this book soon, so you better understand.