twenty-three

'What you thinking about?' Courtney asks softly, her front pressed against the blonde as they lie in bed. Taking a deep breath, Leah closes her eyes and rests her hand on top of Courtney's which is against her stomach.

'I think, if I'm called up to the world cup, this might be my last major international tournament.' Leah admits and Courtney takes a sharp intake of breath.

'What makes you think that?' Courtney asks quietly and Leah shrugs her shoulders.

'I don't know. I just- I think I've had enough of all the traveling, of being away from you guys. When you look at the time I spend at training, away games, champions league games and then add that to all the international camps and tournaments... I want to spend more time with my family, with our family.' Leah replies.

'Well I mean that's only a decision you can make, bubs. You know I'll be behind you every single step of the way regardless of your decision.' Courtney says, pressing a gentle kiss against the blonde's shoulder.

'I don't have to make a decision right now, I suppose.' Leah replies and Courtney nods her head.

'You don't, bubs. Have a think about it, even talk to other people about it. Your mum, your nana.' Courtney says and Leah nods her head.

'Mm-hmm... I will. It's not a decision I'll make lightly but I want you to know that it is something I am seriously considering.' Leah replies causing Courtney to smile.

'I love you so, so much.' Courtney says.

'I love you too... More than you'll even know.' Leah replies

'Mummy... Lele...' A little voice says from outside the bedroom door causing Leah to immediately reach down the side of the bed in search for the t-shirt which was abandoned on the floor before their shower last night.

'Come on in, sweetheart... Are you okay?' Courtney replies as soon as Leah has the t-shirt pulled over her head.

'I had bad dream...' Bunny mumbles as she makes her way into the bedroom dragging her teddy behind her.

'Oh no... Do you want to sleep in our bed?' Courtney asks glancing at the clock which reads 3:12am. Smiling, the couple separate as Bunny makes her way over and climbs into bed in the middle of them both. It takes less than five minutes for the three-year-old to be absolutely out for the count again causing both Courtney and Leah to smile.

'I mean it, you know... Whatever it is you decide to do, I'll back you one hundred percent of the way.' Courtney says softly as she reaches across to rest her hand on Leah.

'Mm... I know.' Leah replies smiling.

****

'Hey, you... What are you doing here?' Alex asks smiling as she notices the blonde making her way towards her with Bunny walking by her side.

'We're just giving mummy some peace and quiet to do her work, aren't we? Thought we'd come out for a bit of lunch.' Leah replies smiling as she watches Bunny immediately run towards Alex who lifts her onto her lap.

'Oh nice... Is Lele absolutely spoiling you rotten?' Alex asks and Bunny nods her head as she grins.

'What are you up to? Out for lunch on your own?' Leah asks and Alex immediately shakes her head with a smile.

'Jess is just in at the toilet.' Alex replies causing Leah to smile.

'Why don't you guys join us actually? We've not ordered yet?' Alex suggests.

'We can't crash your date day, Al...' Leah says shaking her head.

'I promise you're not crashing anything.' Alex replies.