twenty-nine

note: just wanted to quickly say how much I appreciate your feedback on the non-update I posted last night. I have decided that there is absolutely no way this story can end after the next chapter so I will continue with writing until either I run out of things to write or you guys get bored. Thank you again for all your comments/votes. They really do mean the world.

Picking up her phone off the bedside table, Leah can't help but sigh quietly as she glances at the time. 3:43am. It's their last night in Paris before they fly home tomorrow afternoon and Courtney has spent at least the past hour just tossing and turning meaning neither of them have got any sleep.

'What's wrong?' Leah asks softly as she rolls onto her back and glances over at the brunette.

'Nothing, it's fine... I'm sorry. I'll stop moving, try get some sleep.' Courtney replies shaking her head as she rolls onto her side so she's facing away from the blonde.

'What's going through that head of yours, Court? Talk to me?' Leah asks causing the brunette to sigh.

'It's silly.' Courtney almost whispers.

'If it's making you this unsettled then I can assure you that I certainly won't think it's silly, love.' Leah says as she moves closer to the brunette.

'I'm scared, Le... I'm scared because I feel sick and I've had spotting which immediately makes me think of last time which immediately makes me think that when we go for tests they're going to come back positive but I also know that these symptoms could just be a sign that my period is coming and that all the tests are going to be negative. How ridiculous is that? Scared that I'm not pregnant but equally as scared that I am pregnant.' Courtney replies shaking her head as Leah wraps her arm around the brunette's waist and pulls her flush against her front.

'It's not ridiculous at all, love. What we went through, what you went through with the miscarriage was beyond rough and that's something that is always going to be in our minds, isn't it? To want something so much and have it so cruelly ripped away from you just isn't fair.' Leah says softly as she presses a kiss against the brunette's shoulder.

'W-What if I said I wanted to do a test? Just to prepare myself before the official blood tests?' Courtney asks.

'Let's go do a test... Which section of your case are they in?' Leah asks.

'It's nearly 4am, Lele... I didn't mean right now.' Courtney says.

'You're not going to be able to sleep until you've done a test and we have the results in front of us... You said you brought four with you? Let's go do one.' Leah replies.

****

Tears stream down her cheeks as Leah immediately wraps her arms around her waist and pulls her into her chest. The brunette's head drops to rest against the blonde's chest as Leah kisses the top of her head.

'I've got you...' Leah almost whispers as Courtney begins to sob into her chest, her hand gripping onto the t-shirt the blonde was wearing to bed.

'I've got you.' Leah repeats, her hand gently running up and down Courtney's back as tears fill her own eyes.

'I'm scared, Le.' Courtney admits and Leah nods her head.

'I know. I think it's normal for us to be scared. We've got each other though and we'll just focus on taking this one day at a time, yeah? Just making it through each day.' Leah says and Courtney nods her head.

'One day at a time.' Courtney whispers as she glances to where the four tests are lined up on the counter, each displaying two lines.

'Let's go back to bed for a bit, love? You can try get some sleep before breakfast.' Leah suggests and Courtney nods her head.