fifty-one

'Hi...' Leah almost whispers as she leans into the plastic crib and carefully lifts Tilly to cradle her against her chest. The newborn is dressed in a knitted lemon onesie which is far too big for her but so is everything that they've bought for her. She gently sways from side to side as she kisses the top of Tilly's head and smiles down at her.

'Are you all ready to go finally go home, Tilly? Hmm... We're so ready to take you home to your crazy big sister and Beau.' Leah says smiling as she glances up at Courtney who is slowly making her way into the room, having got dressed in an old pair of Leah's training pants and an oversized Arsenal hoodie.

'Doesn't mumma look absolutely stunning?' Leah says causing Courtney to roll her eyes.

'Mm... I absolutely do not. I imagine I look just as rough as I feel.' Courtney replies shaking her head as she makes her way over to Leah.

'This sight however makes me extremely happy...' Courtney says gesturing to Leah and Tilly.

'You always look beautiful, Court. Are you feeling that rough though? Is it something we need to speak to the doctors about? Maybe they shouldn't be discharging you?' Leah asks and Courtney shakes her head.

'Nothing more than is expected after tearing, Le. I'll be fine once I'm home in my own bed with all my girls and Beau.' Courtney replies smiling as she tucks herself into the blonde's side.

'Let's get our girl home then, ey?' Leah says and Courtney nods her head.

'Mm-hmm... Are you okay to put her in the carseat? Bending over hurts a bit.' Courtney asks as Leah kisses the side of her head.

'Of course I can. You go sit down and I'll help you with your shoes in a minute once I've got her all strapped in.' Leah replies.

'I love you, bubs.' Courtney says tilting her head to look at the blonde who smiles.

'I love you too, Court.' Leah replies smiling.

****

'There's mama.' Courtney says softly as she glances up at where Leah is making her way into the room. Tilly is curled up on Courtney's chest while Bunny cuddles into her side, the brunette's arm wrapped around the nearly four-year-old.

'There's my girls.' Leah replies smiling as she makes her way over. She watches the look of almost confusion pass over Bunny's face as she glances between Tilly and Leah.

'You okay?' Leah asks softly as she sits down next to the little girl.

'Why you Tilly's mama and not mine?' Bunny asks.

'Uh-' Leah stutters glancing at Courtney who smiles slightly.

'Well mumma had you on her own, remember? When we stayed up in Glasgow it was just mumma and Bunny against the world until we came to London and met Lele... You've always known Leah as your Lele whereas mumma and Lele decided to have Tilly together.' Courtney attempts to explain in a way the little girl will understand.

'So you love Tilly more than me?' Bunny asks causing the blonde's heart to break as she immediately shakes her head.

'Not at all, sweet girl. I love you so much, Bunny. I always have done from the very moment you entered my life. Both you and Tilly will always be my girls.' Leah replies.

'Lele is as much your mama as she is Tilly's. She does all the things mumma does for you, doesn't she? Bedtime stories, cuddles when you're upset or poorly?' Courtney asks and Bunny nods her head.

'So she my mama too?' Bunny asks.

'She's whatever you want her to be. Mama, Lele... Families come in all shapes and sizes, Bunny. It doesn't matter whether you call Leah mama or Lele, she's still your mama just as much as she is Tilly's mama. You can call her whatever makes you happy, Bunbun.' Courtney replies watching as the little girl moves away from her and throws herself into Leah's side.

'My Lele.' Bunny says and Leah nods her head.

'Always your Lele.' Leah replies softly as she kisses the top of the little girl's head.

****

'You okay?' Courtney asks softly as she makes her way into the kitchen where Leah is leaning on the kitchen counter.

'Mm... Just taking a minute.' Leah replies quietly.

'She was bound to start asking questions when she realised that we were calling you Tilly's mama... She knows you love her, everyone knows you love her.' Courtney says wrapping her arms around Leah's waist and resting her head against the blonde's back.

'I know. I just- I guess it just made me feel guilty that I hadn't already spoke to her about all of this before Tilly was born.' Leah admits slowly turning around to face the brunette.

'I know but we've spoke to her now and she's happy as larry out there.' Courtney says and Leah nods her head.

'I just don't want her to feel different from Tilly... Maybe we should give Tilly your surname instead of mine.' Leah replies.

'What? Why?' Courtney asks.

'Because Bunny's a Lawson and I don't want her to feel different because Tilly will be a Williamson.' Leah replies.

'Or we could change Bunny's name to Williamson? When we get married I 100% plan on taking your name, Le. When that happens I'll be changing Bunny's name to Williamson anyway so why not just do it now?' Courtney suggests.

'Yeah?' Leah asks and the brunette nods her head.

'Mm-hmm... We can speak to Bunny about it but I want to be a Williamson and I want all of our girls to be Williamsons. In my eyes you're Bunny's mama just as much as you are Tilly's. We're equal parents regardless of how our babies came about or what Bunny calls you.' Courtney replies and Leah nods her head.

'I'd love that.' Leah says softly.

'We'll look into how we do it and speak it over with Bunny so she understands.' Courtney replies smiling.

'Thank you.' Leah almost whispers.

'Thank you for being an amazing mama to our girls.' Courtney says.

****

arsenal girlies ❤🤍

leah – Bunny is so excited to introduce you all to her baby sister Matilda Amanda Williamson. Born on the 23rd and absolutely thriving at home now xx

kyra – shut up! No way did Courtney and Beth have the babies on the same day!

cloe – congratulations wonderful humans! Another baby girl to adore x

lessi – oh how perfect is she! Hope you guys are all well x

kimmy – congratulations! So proud x

note - I know there are a lot people who have been rooting for Bunny to call Leah mum which I love how much you guys love the Leah/Bunny bond but honestly it's actually been something I've been very hesitant to do purely because I do kind of want to show that you don't have to call someone mum/dad for them to be like a mum or dad to you. Bunny is very heavily based off my own little who very much sees my partner as her mum just as much as she does me, but she doesn't and has never actually called her mum so I guess I just wanted to portray that side of things. I hope you guys understand the root I'm trying to take with this.