thirty-seven

'Come dance with me, Court...' Leah says stretching her arms out towards the brunette who's sitting at a table with Beth, Viv, Amanda and David. Smiling, Courtney immediately pushes herself to her feet and allows the blonde to drag her out onto the dancefloor where some of the other girls are dancing with their partners as some slow, love song begins to play, a drastic change from the previous music that's been playing. It's been a little over four hours since they won the World Cup and a party had been arranged for them back at the hotel.

'In that very moment, I found the one and my life had found it's missing piece.'

Wrapping her arms around the blonde's neck, Courtney can't help but smile as she leans forward to rest her forehead against the blonde's who's hands have settled on Courtney's lower back.

'Sometimes I still can't quite believe that I get to call you mine, that I get to come home to you and Bunny, that you are carrying our baby.' Leah says softly, the last part coming out as a whisper so no one else can hear.

'I can't believe I've been so lucky to have found someone who loves me, and Bunny, as much as you love us. I spent so long once she was born sure of the fact that it would just be me and her against the world but you changed all of that.' Courtney replies smiling.

'So as long as I live, I love you, will have and hold you. You look so beautiful in white.'

They sway from side to side in time with the music, so lost in their own little world that Courtney doesn't even notice as the rest of the girls and their partners slowly make their way off the dancefloor leaving just the two of them in the middle. All she can focus on is how in this moment she's never felt more content or loved.

'I've been racking my brains for months about how I could go about showing you just how much I love you, how much you mean to me but nothing ever seemed big enough. Nothing ever seemed right.' Leah says softly.

'I don't need big. I just need you, Le. You show me each and every day how much you love me with all the little things you do; from taking Bunny to nursery so I can have a long-lie to holding my hair back while I'm throwing my guts up.' Courtney replies smiling.

'I love you so much more than I ever knew I could possibly love someone... I think I uh- You saved me, Court. At a time when I felt completely and utterly alone in this world, you wrapped me up in your arms and made me feel safe. You deserve the world, Courtney. You deserve the moon and all the stars in the sky.' Leah says, her voice shaking slightly causing the brunette to pull back and look at her.

'And from now till my very last breath, this day I'll cherish. You look so beautiful in white, tonight.'

'Le, what's going on?' Courtney asks softly. The blonde's eyes are filled with tears and it's in this moment that Courtney realises they're completely alone on the dance floor with everyone watching on.

'I want to spend the rest of my life giving you the world. I want to spend the rest of my days coming home to you and hearing the sound of your laugh every morning when I unsurprisingly burn your omelette or your toast. I want to wake up to you every morning and have you by my side as I fall asleep every night. I want to grow disgustingly old with you, Court.' Leah says watching as tears fill the brunette's eyes.

'We've had so many ups and downs throughout our relationship so far but there's no one else I'd rather be on this rollercoaster that is life with. From the moment I laid eyes on you in that bar, I just knew I was a goner. There was no way on earth I could've stopped myself from falling for you and honestly? I really didn't want to. You've given me something I've always craved, Court. I love doing life with you, and Bunny.' Leah continues as she removes her arms from around Courtney's waist and reaches into her pocket.

'Courtney Marie Lawson, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?' Leah asks softly as she lowers herself down onto her knee and opens the ring box in her hand.

'What we have is timeless, my love is endless. And with this ring I say to the world, you're my every reason, you're all that I believe in.'

'Yes. Yes. A million times yes.' Courtney replies grinning as Leah slides the ring onto her finger before wrapping her arms around her tightly. Tears stream down both their cheeks as they remain wrapped in each other's arms, cheers coming from their friends and family around the room.