One-Shot #10 (Ramin Karimloo)

Ramin led me into a large, empty warehouse that I had never seen before, and my brows were furrowed in confusion. 

"What are we doing here?" I asked, my tone matching my face.

He glanced over his shoulder and smiled at me. 

"You'll see."

I playfully rolled my eyes at his vague response, but I went along with it. 

We were eventually standing in the middle of the expansive room, and I became even more confused than before. 

"I still don't get it."

Ramin chuckled at my expression and brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. 

"Well, since you're the birthday girl today, I figured I'd give you a little surprise."

"Which is?" I raised my eyebrow suspiciously.

"What's the one thing that large places like this are known for?" he quizzed.

I squinted my eyes in thought and tried to come up with something for at least a minute, but nothing appeared in the forefront of my mind. 

"I don't know!" I exclaimed, waving my arms for emphasis. "Just tell me already before I explode."

Ramin bent over in laughter, and the musical sound bounced off of the large walls around us. 

He collected himself after a moment and replied, "Echoes, my Angel."

"Okay," I drawled out, still missing the point completely.

He smirked at my obliviousness and took my hand in his. 

"I'm going to sing for you," he said, placing a soft kiss on my forehead. "This is the right place to do it."

I was so touched by his thought that I was speechless for a few seconds, and then I whispered, "That's so sweet."

Ramin smiled. 

"I'd like you to do me a favor, if that's alright." 

I nodded. 

"What is it?"

"I want you to close your eyes for me," he whispered, stroking his knuckles against my cheek. 

I chuckled at his simple request, but I did as he asked and shut my eyes. 

Once he was sure that they were closed, Ramin began to sing in his beautiful, tenor voice.

His voice seemed to surround me from all sides, and I quickly realized that he was walking in a slow circle around me in order to get that effect. 

My skin was covered in goosebumps at the sound of him pouring his soul out through the lyrics, and the warmth of his body was only a few inches away from me.

You're such a tease, I thought with a silent groan.

When Ramin reached the verse, "My broken soul; Can't be alive and whole; 'Til I hear you sing once more," he slowly wrapped his arms around my torso and rested me against his broad chest. 

My eyes were still closed, but I leaned back into him and rubbed my thumbs along his leather jacket.

I felt like I was having an out-of-body experience while he rocked me in his arms, and I made a point to remember everything about his gentle touch. 

Suddenly, Ramin spun me around slowly and sang softly. 

I involuntarily shivered when the ghost of his lips caressed mine for just a second, and I leaned forward to kiss him. 

He smiled into the kiss, then deepened it so that the hairs on my arms stood up on end.

We broke away from each other with dorky grins on our faces, and I was the first one to speak. 

"You're way too charismatic for this world," I chuckled. "It's no wonder you make all the women pass out."

"What can I say?" he smirked. "It's a gift."

I smiled and pecked his lips, then hugged him tightly. 

He responded back in kind with a soft kiss to my forehead.