One-Shot #2 (Ramin Karimloo)

I walked out onto the silent stage and looked at the huge auditorium in front of me. 

Hundreds of red velvet chairs were lined up in three separate sections on the floor, while the upper deck had about 70 chairs for the richer attendees. 

Large candelabras were standing tall behind me, giving the effect that I was in the Phantom's lair below the opera house.

Since the lights were dimmed quite a bit, I didn't even notice the figure that was standing on the other side of the stage, watching me quietly. 

But I soon felt the person's eyes on my back, and I slowly turned around to see who was there. 

The only thing I could make out was a stark, white mask in the shadows, and I smirked in response.

"The Phantom of the Opera is there; Inside my mind," I sang softly, feeling shy under his gaze.

Ramin smiled from behind his mask and slowly walked forward. 

"Sing once again with me, our strange duet; My power over you grows stronger yet; And though you turn from me to glance behind; The Phantom of the Opera is there; Inside your mind."

Once he was standing right in front of me, he put his knuckles under my chin and lifted my face up so that I could meet his chocolate-brown eyes. 

"Sing, my angel of music," he smiled.

I backed up and began vocalizing the same way Christine did in the show. 

He watched me in awe as I raised up my arms and belted out the song. 

"Sing for me!" Ramin shouted in a motivational tone.

I took a deep breath and climbed to the highest part of my vocal range, barely getting the last note out. 

I gasped and gripped at my throat with both of my hands, shocked that I had pulled it off.

When I glanced over at him, his mouth was hanging wide open, and his eyes were huge. 

"H-how did you do that?" he stammered, stepping over to me.

"I don't know," I croaked, my voice shredded to pieces. "It just...came out."

Ramin rested a hand on my shoulder and asked softly, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah," I waved him off. "I'm just catching my breath."

He brushed a strand of hair behind my ear and kissed my forehead. 

"That was amazing," he said, pressing me up against his chest. "I'm so proud of you."

"Well, don't celebrate too long," I smirked. "That's never going to happen again, trust me."

"You never know," Ramin smiled. "It could when you least expect it to."

"Sure," I nodded unconvincingly. "Keep telling yourself that."

He chuckled and wrapped an arm around my waist, leading me off of the stage.