My Little Girl.

"It's not exactly kidnapping if she knows us right?" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess so. It's...taking her for a joyride."

"Exactly. A joyride."

We sat still in awkward silence, as I tapped my fingers anxiously on the steering wheel. I blew a huff of air and my anxiety kicked in, moving my leg aggressively.

He placed his hands on my leg and smiled at me.

"It's gonna be okay, my love."

I looked at him and I smiled. "I'm nervous, I haven't seen her in almost two years, Caleb." He nodded. "Yeah I know. But she's gonna be okay and used to you again."

"Mm. Not a great thing. Time taking. I hate this."

He rubbed my back and smiled. "Come on. Let's focus on getting her back first." I nodded and gripped on the wheel.

"Okay. Lucky for us, the bus takes her to school. No asshole Is gonna stop me from seeing my little sister again."

"Okay. Good enough."

I glued my eyes on the road and I saw the bus approach from behind.

"What's the rest of the plan?" He asked.

"Follow my lead." I smirked. The bus pulled over and the kids scurried out of the bus and I spotted my little girl walking out. She had her bag dragged on the floor and her head laid low.

My heart clenched and I frowned. I wanted to cry. Was she me?

I got out of the car and I stood on the grass. It was a little crowded thankfully so everyone was oblivious to other people's business.

I saw Elora making her way up the stairs and I walked towards her slowly.

"Am I a little too late?" I asked. I felt like it was almost a whisper because of all the ringing in my ears. But she heard me and she turned around.

She stared at me for a second and tried to process the situation. She slipped the bag onto the floor and she walked towards me.

"Cora?" I smiled and pulled my hoodie away. "It's me, kiddo." Tears began filling in her eyes and she frowned.

"Why are you here?" I wasn't surprised. If anything I think I deserved a much worse treatment.

"I need to take you." "No. You can't. You shouldn't."

"I'm not gonna travel the country looking for you just for you to reject me in the end, love." She stared at me. She knew I was a little too calm but my heart was thundering.

She shook her head and approached the stairs again.

"Cora, you must leave."

"No. I'm not losing you again. Come with me. I need to tell you so many things." She stared at me and she shook her head again. "You left."

"Please, Elora. If you don't come with me, we both get into trouble."

I stared hard at her and I think she got the gist. She nodded, a little. I shoved my hands in my pocket and I walked towards the car. She followed me with her bag over her shoulder.

I got into my car and she climbed in the back. Caleb stared at me and I looked away.

El closed the door and I pushed my tinted windows button.

"Not a word." I uttered. Caleb nodded and we drove away from there, rushing to a secluded area. I gripped my steering wheel tight and I clenched my jaw.

I have her here. What was wrong? Everything. Brainwashed Elora. Taunted little kid with a terrible past. No way was I gonna let this carry on. If anyone would change it, it would be me. And me only.