Chapter 6: Friends?

Even though most of the people picked to accompany the Champions were older than me, they still treated me like I was their age or older. 
                      It was nice, plus they didn’t ridicule me for my size unlike my friends back home..I decided I’d try and talk to Abisa first since we got off on the wrong foot.  I apologized and thankfully she accepted my apology, although she never told me why she’s afraid of Koroks..Maybe she’ll tell me one day. 
                       Aside from Abisa I decided to talk to Runa, I’ve been told most Rito are hard to talk to because of how serious they can be.  Considering the fact Runa is friends with Revail, I can only assume she’s somewhat like him.
                      She was standing out on a gazebo, the wind blowing her feathers.
             It’s still hard to believe Zoras evolved into Ritos.

  As I was behind her I was stopped by her voice.

Runa: “Your name’s Nora correct?”

Her voice was sharp and assertive, just hearing her say those words made me feel like I had been stabbed.

Nora: “Uhm..Yes.”

Runa: “Mm, well.  If you’re planning on joining me I don’t mind the company.”

Even though she seemed scary she was honestly relatively sweet and kind to me.

Runa: “So, what’s a young Shiekah like you doing here..breaking into meetings..”

Nora: “About that..I’m so sorry, it wasn’t intentional I just-”

She interrupted me before I could finish

Runa: “Rirakkusu, rirakkusu..I don’t care.  Like Abisa said, ‘At Least you’re not a Yiga.’..”

She sighed and looked up at the sky, the sun was shining very bright.  The light was almost blinding.  Her piercing gaze finally looked at me, as if her voice wasn’t enough, the look she gave felt even worse.

Runa: “Tell me Nora, how old are you?”

Nora: “Fourteen..”

Runa nodded and her gaze fixated onto the Divine Beast Vah Medoh soaring high in the sky circling Rito Village, only for her to later look back at me.

Runa: “How well is your knowledge about the Divine Beasts?”

Nora: “I know a lot..Impa taught me most of what I know.  But I’m currently studying more than what she’s taught me which wasn’t very much.  All she told me was their names really..”

Runa: “I see.”

She looked back to Vah Medoh, I was glad she did.  If she kept looking at me I think I would’ve died.  Runa soon left the gazebo and began having a conversation with Revail and Princess Zelda. 
       I walked over to Impa who was talking to Link, she acknowledged my presence by wrapping her arm around my shoulder and squeezing me softly into a hug.  I regretted making such a scene with the Korok and eavesdropping. 
               I knew it made Impa look bad..I had apologized already when she brought me out but I still felt like it wasn’t enough.  I had made her look like a fool, but thankfully her reputation was good within Hyrule so most of what I did didn’t leave a mark.  But still I shouldn’t have acted so recklessly. 

Abisas Pov:

After the Korok incident I went to sit down by Urbosa.  I had hyperventilated, almost resulting in me having a panic attack which would’ve been embarrassing. 
                Urbosa tried to calm me down which worked relatively well, although the only people who could really help me out right now would be my mom who is obviously unavailable and Link who was busy, although he did look at me and soon came over.
             He crouched down next to me and patted me on the back giving me a thumbs up indicating everything would be ok..
              I don’t understand how I found comfort from him seeing as he doesn’t talk, but he was like a little brother to me in a way. 
             After he knew I would be alright he got up ruffled my hair and stood confidentiality by Princess Zelda.  I chuckled a little, it was his job to protect the Princess and he took his job pridefully and seriously.