Chapter 9: The agonizing journey

Thankfully the journey back to Kakariko village wasn’t difficult so far..just extraordinarily long and boring, especially with all of Pelia's questions constantly about where we were and why we were going to Kakariko Village.
       In the distance I could see Death Mountain from where we were, which was relatively close to Hyrule Castle.
     Death Mountain wasn’t a hard land structure to miss seeing as it’s a giant volcano.
     The sound of Sullivan's hooves clacked on the soft moist dirt.  It was quite a beautiful day, the weather was nice and it was relatively warm out. 
      Suddenly the ground starts to shake. At the meeting I heard Daruk complain about Runadias sudden behavior change..but I didn’t know it would be this bad.
     I saw as some molten rock tumbled down Death Mountain eventually making its way to a lava pool spewing lava everywhere.
     Pelia had a worried look on her face..Afterall Death Mountain was her only home.
    I look back on to the road ahead of me focusing on the matter of trying to make it to my home.
     I knew Impa knew almost all the people of Hyrule..so she must have known Pelias parents..

Nora: “So what’s it like on Death Mountain?”

At this point I’m just making small talk, since Pelia decided she wants to go into one of those I’m not going to talk at all.

Pelia: “It’s fun…most of the time it’s really hot but it’s fun, especially when me and Daruk made this really big water slide in the hot springs and-..”

She kept rambling on and on about her life on Death Mountain, I felt more at ease hearing someone talk while I listened interested as to what she had to say.
      I never had a sibling…something about Pelia made me feel like she was my little sister. I have to admit I’ll be sad when she has to go but maybe she could stay with me and Impa for a while..

Pelia: “Enough of me rambling, how was your childhood?”

I’m silent for a moment, hesitation falls over me as I wonder what to say.

Nora: “Well..my childhood was full of training, ever since the Yiga took my parents life from them I’ve always been determined to get my revenge.  They are traitors and are nothing but trouble..I hate them.”

Pelia does something unexpected..she hugged me..
     I’ve never genuinely been hugged with such love and care from a person. 
    Because I’m controlling Sullivan I can’t hug her back but I let her know I appreciated the hug..
     The rest of the journey I felt somber..it was nice to have company, and to have someone who was relatively the same age as me. 

I parted ways with Pelia at death mountain. It was sad to be honest. I really liked her and didn’t know when I would see her. I gave her a hug before she left and watched her go waving at me. After she was gone I hopped on Sullivan, I realized I needed to go somewhere else before I headed home.