Chapter 28

Nora’s pov:

  As I was just sitting in my bed,Urbosa left but said she’ll talk to me more about what happened. A young gerudo walked in and started to check my hands,collarbone,arms,legs,face. After checking them she put some kind of herbal mixture on certain parts and then left. This was when I noticed that some parts of my arms and legs were still tightly bandaged. Suddenly an older gerudo walked in.

Older gerudo: “Lady Impa is on her way to visit. Do you want something to eat?”

She seemed kind but as she looked at me I saw that deep in her eyes were pity? Why?

Nora: “I’m good for now, but do you have any clothes I could change into? The ones I’m wearing are making me hot.”

Older gerudo: “Of course.”
She went away and then brought in a pair of shorts,socks and a tank top. She hesitated and then said…

Older gerudo: “Just make sure you don’t remove the bandages and here's a pair of fingerless gloves just in case you want them.”

Nora: “Thanks!”

   I got up and stumbled a bit. I guess my legs aren’t used to being used because I haven’t been awake in a few weeks. I tried to ignore the aching pain on some parts of my body. As I put my shorts on I saw still very noticeable slash marks that had turned into scars. So that's why she pities me. As I got dressed the more I saw them and they were EVERYWHERE on my legs,arms,my hands… Then I saw it where Master Kogha carved the yiga clan symbol on my palm, it had turned into a very purple pink scar. Although it was actually the Sheikah symbol which I sighed in relief that he’s very dumb. So that is why she gave me fingerless gloves! To cover it up. As I brushed my hair I decided not to tie it up instead letting it just stay down. As I looked in the mirror I saw someone who I barely recognized…My body is extremely scarred, having a lot on my face and ears to go along with all my others, on my arms and legs. I have a scar on my chest bone…

I felt scared looking at myself in the mirror..Suddenly I hear loud stomps outside of only what I can assume to be Naboris..Of course, how could I have forgotten..They’re trapped..
     I limped outside trying my best to keep balance, I saw it..Naboris running around the Gerudo Desert with rage..For a fleeting moment I swore I thought I saw Abisa’s spirit..Maybe it’s just my imagination?  From what I could see Abisa’s spirit looked sad..of course she was, why wouldn't she be?  She’s trapped inside a Divine Beast for crying out loud!!  For the love of Hylia what am I saying..Spirits can’t be real..can they?

Impa: “NORA!  OH MY HYLIA, YOU HAD ME SO WORRIED!!”

Impa..I didn’t know exactly how to feel, I felt more annoyed than overjoyed to be seeing her..Even if she’s my parental guardian..I don’t know why all of a sudden I had this resentment toward Impa but..

Impa: “Nora!  Please, say something..Tell me you’re alright!?”

I appreciated the concern..Even if it was a bit too much.

Nora: “Yes..Yes I’m fine Impa..”

She smiled and came forward giving me a light hug so as to not hurt me..

Impa: “Please..Don’t run off like that without my permission..You scared all of us when we heard the news!”

I sighed and closed my eyes for a moment..I heard the recurring thuds of Naboris’s stomp’s

Impa: “Also, I have been doing some research and found a very good person who can show you how to do makeup to cover your… scars. Then everything can be exactly how things used to be. I even brought your old Sheikah clothes!” 

Nora: “What..What makes you think I want to cover them up?!  Besides..You know I’ve grown out of those old clothes..I don’t want nor need them..”

Impa: “I just thought you would appreciate-”

Nora: “I DON’T CARE!  All of my friends are DEAD and it’s MY FAULT.  I DON’T NEED MAKEUP OR MY OLD CLOTHES..I’M NOT A BABY THAT NEEDS TAKEN CARE OF!”

Impa: “Nora I-”

Nora: “Please..Please just go..I’ve been through enough already..”

She glances at me with pity WHY PITY!? Everyone that looks at me has that look of full pity and I HATE it!

Impa: “Alright..If that’s what’ll make you happy I’ll leave..”

She looked at me with a sad smile, tears were about to fall from her eyes..I felt bad for blowing her off like that..But I need time to regain myself..I need time to figure out why they had to die..I would gladly trade places with all four of them if I could..Why me?  Why was I the one chosen by Hylia to live while the others perished painfully..
   As Impa left I noticed she left some type of scroll on the table near my bed..Should I open it..?
     I glanced at it for a while before deciding that I wouldn’t even touch it..I don’t understand why everyone was treating me like this..Like i'm some sort of frail helpless old lady..I’m not!
  A few hours had passed by now..I felt even more like crap as time passed..Especially when the Gerudo women came and took care of my wounds..That was the first time I got to properly look at the wounds..It almost made me feel sick.  Especially the one on my leg, I swore it looked like part of my bone was showing..
   They treated the wounds and stitched most of them up, it hurt so bad..They gave me a leather belt to bite down on while they stitched them up..Hylia..If you can hear me..Please, tell me why?

Urbosa’s Pov:

I arrived back to Gerudo Town..I felt tired after the long journey but a rush of relief came over me once I saw Nora tiredly reading some type of book..I soon realized it must’ve been her diary, she had a small beautiful quill in her hand aggressively jotting things down.

Urbosa: “You’re quite the writer Nora..”

She peeked up from her Diary for a moment, gave me a small glance and went back to writing..Hmm..She doesn’t seem to be in the mood for much conversation..I do hope she’s alright.

Nora: “How was your meeting?”

I knew she probably figured out I was going to a meeting, it wasn’t hard to guess that.

Urbosa: “It was alright..How’s your day been?  Are you feeling alright?”

She put the quill in the Diary and closed the ink bottle, setting the book on her side table.

Nora: “My day has been boring and painful, Impa came over..I didn’t exactly enjoy her company..Anyways, I suppose I feel fine for the time being..Just slightly annoyed is all..”

I nodded, I couldn’t help but wonder if Impa and Nora were possibly drifting apart..
  I soon started to drift off to sleep forgetting Pelia had allegedly been following me