Chapter 37: The day pelia got character development

Pelia’s pov

It's been days, weeks? Months? I can't tell anymore. She is not coming back. How could I be so stupId? I believed every little thing she said. She's not coming back. She doesn't want to come back. Im a BURDEN. I can't do anything right… Nora isn't coming back, Remon isn't coming back, Nido isnt… Nido isn't.. Nido…

Deku tree: “My child, is something bothering you?”

Is something bothering me? F*CK YEAH SOMETHING IS BOTHERING ME! MY BROTHER IS DEAD AND MY BEST FRIEND ABANDONED ME!

Pelia: “They… they left me… THEY LEFT ME FOR GOOD DIDN'T THEY!?!”

I didn't even notice the tears streaming down my cheeks or the bits of hair I had pulled out in a fit of rage.

Pelia: “They hate me now, don't they? Afterall, Nido is dead because of me…”

Deku tree: “Don't say that, it's not your fault-”

Pelia: “YES IT IS! NIDO WOULD HAVE SURVIVED IF HE DIDN'T HAVE TO PROTECT ME! I-I'm done being a liability!”

A korok flew down to me,possibly trying to comfort me. I grabbed It and chucked It at a rock. He made some weak noises before fainting. Oh Hylia, what have I done?!

Pelia: “I'm done pretending everything will be ok in the end! I-Im DONE!”

And with that, I ran off into the forest sobbing. I'll just fix everything! I'll defeat Ganon myself! I think to myself, Is that even possible right now? No, definitely not, if I tried I'd be squished like a bug. I need to improve myself.. I need A TRAINING MONTAGE!! No, that's stupid. Maybe I could make a weapon? It's not like I carried any with me before-hand anyway. Yeah, that could work. I know how a bow and arrow works so I could probably make that, yeah! I wiped my tears and collected myself. All I have to do is earn Nora back!
I immediately got to work, finding a perfect tree branch the shape of a bow. I then took a sharpened stone and fastened it to the tip of a stick with a vine and added Runa’s feather to the other end. Now all I need is the string. Where do I even get a string? I sat in thought for a minute before…Aha! Kilton! I just need to ask Kilton for a string! Kilton has to have something that works! But, thinking about this plan again, do I even want to talk to that creep again? I usually have Pancake or Nora to fend him off if he gets weird but I'm on my own now. I'm 23, I better act my age now. With a sigh, i've set off to find that stinky old man.