Chapter 22: Mt Lanaryu

Zelda’s Diary Entry Pov:

Today was the day..The day where hopefully I will unlock my powers by visiting the Spring of Wisdom..I hope to be successful for today, afterall the Champions shall be accompanying me, I don’t want to disappoint them, or my Father..He still has yet to speak to me..I do hope he is not upset with me for the Guardian instant still..If so, I suppose I shall speak with him later, but I shouldn’t worry about that at the moment.  I must start to get ready for the journey.  Link is already waiting for me outside my room.  He’s quite peculiar..but charming nonetheless.  I feel like today I may actually achieve my goal..Something about today feels special.
     The meeting the other day was..quite chaotic to say the least..I feel sorry for Nido having to witness such Idiocy.  On our way there I may speak with them about it..except Revail..I’ll mention it to him later.  Well, I need to go now.  My powers can’t just magically awaken!

                                 --END OF DIARY ENTRY–

I exited my bedroom to see Link waiting patiently, he nodded and we began to walk down to the Castle entrance where we would meet up with Mipha, Urbosa, and Daruk..
    They came soon and we began the journey to Mt. Lanayru.  It was very boring besides the occasional banter between Urbosa and Mipha and sometimes Daruk.  Finally we had arrived at the Spring..I took a deep breath and exhaled, me and Link entered while the others stayed behind and began to wait.   
            When we made it to the top where the spring was, I walked into it and kneeled in the water beginning to pray.

Zelda: "You have our love, Hylia, and I will be waiting for you. You will be safe with me."

I waited for a while..nothing..I said my prayer again..Only to receive no response again..
   At this point I felt extremely frustrated,

Zelda: *Splashes some of the water* “UGH!  Why can’t this ever just work..I’ve tried so hard, I’ve been to every Spring and have felt no power awake inside of me..What is wrong with me..”

I begin to cry, my tears falling in the Springs waters as Link slowly approaches me and rests his hand on my shoulder slightly making me feel more at ease..

Zelda: “I just don't understand what I’m doing wrong..I’ve done everything correct up to this point..”

I could see the sun was beginning to set as the sky had begun to look orange and pink..I accepted defeat and walked down the mountain with Link feeling like at any point in time I could cry.

We approached the gate and I saw the four Champions looking at me anticipating an answer.

Daruk: “So how’d it go Tiny Princess?”

Urbosa: “Daruk-”

Zelda: “It’s fine Urbosa..We’ll just have to accept the fact that I’m a failure..I don’t know what I could possibly be doing that’s wrong..”

Revail: “Nothing Again?..”

Zelda: “Sadly yes..”

I felt tears start to roll down my cheeks

Mipha: “Oh Princess Zelda, please don’t cry!  We’re doing the best we can..”

I wiped some of my tears.

Urbosa: “Mipha’s right, you’re doing all you can little bird, and that’s good enough.”

Zelda: “I suppose so..But how are we supposed to defeat Ganon if I can’t harness my own powers..”

Urbosa: “Don’t worry about it..we should have it covered..”

At that moment the ground began to shake..

Daruk: “Woah there!”

Revail: “What the..”

Revail flew up and saw black and red smoke swirl around the whole castle..We heard a terrible screech as Revail’s eyes widened in surprise.

Revail: “CHAMPIONS, WE NEED TO GET TO OUR DIVINE BEASTS NOW!”

Before I knew it Link took me by the hand and the other Champions were off..Why, why now had Ganon decide to awaken..