Chapter 12: Meeting before 17

Zelda’s Diary entry/Pov:

Tomorrow will be my 17th birthday..and the day I plan to visit the Spring of Wisdom on Mount Lanayru.
     I’m slightly nervous but I feel at ease knowing the champions will be accompanying me.
  There’s another meeting planned today with the champions, we’re going to be discussing what could happen on our journey to and back from the mountain and the precautions to take just in case Calamity Ganon appears.
   Revail was instructed not to come due to the journey being very long just in case Ganon does happen to attack Hyrule..But he insisted on coming even if he couldn’t make it to the mountain there, he at least wanted to on the way back.
      Supposedly there was a mix up with Daruk’s apprentice during the last meeting, the Hylian(?) that had shown up was filling in and taking notes for the actual apprentice who will be here at today's meeting.
    I didn’t exactly feel comfortable with the fact some random Hylain was taking notes on somewhat private information, but Daruk assured me that the Hylian was well trusted and she has been living in Goron city since she was a little child. (I don’t actually know their gender but I assume it’s a girl after further observation…) 
     Father has been a little distant and cold than he usually is..I do hope he is alright.

                         --END OF DIARY ENTRY--

    I put my quill down and looked out the window to see Revail and Runa already landing at the entrance to the castle.  I suppose I should make my way down to the meeting room and start preparing for the others..
      Not soon after, Mipha and Xina arrived as well as Urbosa and Abisa. 
   Link stood by the meeting room doors almost like a guard in a way, which there’s already two outside.
     All we had to wait on was Daruk and his apprentice who we still don’t know..Nor have the Champions been notified of this mishappening, so I’m sure they’ll be more than thrilled to know there’s a completely different person they’ve never met before arriving..

Revail: “What’s taking that big oaf so long to get here?”

Urbosa: “Seeing as none of us can fly, I wouldn’t be too judgmental of when he gets here and in what amount of time.”

Zelda: “Well, if I might add.  Sorry for not notifying you all sooner, but Daruk’s actual apprentice should be able to arrive this time unlike the last..So, everyone please be nice and welcoming to whomever it may be.”

They all nod, as we begin to have a small conversation while Revail stands off to the side looking out a window.

     Mipha: “I don’t understand why he chooses to distance himself from everyone..it seems unhealthy.”

Urbosa: “You shouldn’t feel too bad. He is extremely arrogant, and doesn’t care about anyone.”

Zelda: “I wouldn’t say that’s entirely true, afterall there’s Runa and he cares for us..maybe even a little for link.”

Daruk: “I'M HERE FELLAS, SORRY PRINCESS KINDA SLEPT IN A LITTLE BIT.”

Zelda: “It’s quite alright Champion Daruk. How did you sleep that much? If I may ask.”

Daruk: “Well, with the more recent comotion with Rudania us Gorons are having trouble sleeping with all the comotion and falling magma rocks..”

Urbosa: “I do say, Naboris has also been causing some trouble…BUT, there’s always something happening over there. Isn’t there?”

Daruk: “YA KNOW IT!  Us Gorons are always working, gotta find that ore Goro.”

Zelda: “Well, hopefully it gets better, we may not have much time to figure it out, however. Let's just hope you're not late again to another meeting...”