Chapter 36

Revali’s Pov:

I’d been pacing back and forth while we’d been going over the plan to take back Vah Medoh at the Rito Stable..Sadly I Must admit I hadn’t been paying attention..I’m not sure why..Finally after getting yelled at to sit down by Urbosa I realized what my problem was.  I fell back onto one of the beds inside the stable as a few tears started to fall down my face..How pathetic this behavior was, I shouldn’t be lying here crying..Especially in front of all of these people..Suddenly I felt someone hug me.  It was Mipha and Link- I almost pushed Link away before Urbosa shot me a nasty glare..This is utterly ridiculous..Me one of the strongest warriors in all of Hyrule..Crying and..hugging for the whole world to see..

Mipha: “Revali..Please don’t hold back your emotions..I think we’re all devastated by Runas death but..I understand it’s taken more of a toll on you more than anyone here.  Please, if you’re not yet ready, do tell us..”

My eyes widened for a moment before a sighed and snarkily remarked,

Revali: “Haha!  Me, upset?!  What kind of Rito do you take me for?!  I, Revali, Rito Champion and Guardian of the Skys, could never be upset by this..minor inconvenience..”

A part of me felt bad for having lied but I’m not letting my reputation fall to the likes of this pathetic knight.
   Urbosa sighed and went back to talking with Daruk and Link went over there too..Mipha however took a seat next to me on the bed and motioned for me to sit next to her..I hesitated for a moment but then sat down.

Mipha: “Revali, can you answer a question I have for you?  It’s perfectly alright if you decline, but I think I’d bring me and everyone else some closer..Well I don’t exactly know if I’d call it closer but..We all really would like to know.”

I turned my head to look at her slightly taken aback..What?!  A question?  At a time like this..And what does she mean, everyone else?!  I sighed and turned my head the other way, not facing her.

Revali: “Well I suppose so.”

Mipha was silent for a moment before she quietly asked me something that made time feel like it’d stop..That made me feel happy..Yet devastated at the same time.

Mipha: “You loved her..Didn’t you?”

It took me a while to process the question..I knew by how uncomfortably warm I was feeling that I most likely had been blushing..I felt Mipha hold my wing and I turned my head slightly surprised.

Mipha: “You don’t need to answer the question..I’d say by the way you’re acting it’s true..”

She smiled and laughed having seen my red cheeks more vibrant- Out of embarrassment I couldn’t help but only continue to blush even more..

Revali: “Mipha…Yes, yes I did I suppose..If that’s what you wanted to know then…Can you..Just leave me alone for now..?”

She nodded her head and stood up walking over to the other champions who were gathered around the table..I laid my head back onto the soft pillow of the bed and sighed feeling tired from having been up so early..Even if that used to be the time I’d gotten up to train..It still felt too early.  I felt my eyelids become heavy and I drifted off to sleep..Before I did though I swore I heard that Ocarina again..

Nora’s Pov:

After having left the Lost Woods I went as fast as I could to Rito Village, there’s no time to waste!  I smiled confidently as I ran across the bridges soon making it to my destination.  I looked around for a moment before I ran across the bridge having entered Rito Village.  I was greeted by a guard and up the steps was a statue of the Goddess of Hylia..I smile and kneel down for a moment praying before standing up and walking up the steps looking around, if I had to guess the Champions are most likely having a meeting at Revali’s home..So I guess I should go there..But….I kinda got side tracked with all the shops..Which I shamefully admit that I went to everyone of them and bought something..YOU CAN'T BLAME ME THOUGH BECAUSE- THEY HAVE COOL STUFF OKAY..After my quick shopping spree..I bolted up the staircases making a stop at Revali’s landing and taking in the view for a little while..It was surprisingly very peaceful here until I heard Vah Medoh screech..Runa had been right those few years ago..The sound really was earsplitting.  I stood up from where I’d been sitting and went up the steps again finally making it to Revali’s house but no one was there..Where could they have gone off to?!  Had they started taking back Vah Medoh without me, is that why it’d just been screaming?..No, they wouldn’t leave without me..What if, what if it’s Runa?  I mean during our previous battles the bodies of the apprentices were trapped within the ship..If those Ganon clones can pilot the beasts..Than maybe so can the Apprentices Spirits, is possible due to their spirits being attached to the beasts..I believe the spirits of the apprentices could very well be still inside the beasts even if their bodies have been moved and given a proper burial their spirits linger on..Maybe after we defeat Medoh I’ll test this theory.  As I was thinking I noticed out of the side of my eye I saw a small box on Revali’s desk with a piece of paper next to it with writing.  The box had the words inscribed on it “Runa’s Letters”, I assumed the paper by the box was one of her letters and sure enough it was.  I looked at it for a moment..She had written something in Japanese, it took me a while to read what she’d written until it hit me..It said I love you..I love you..For some reason reading that hurt..Did Revali know what she’s been writing?  And..These letters were written by someone who’s now gone..But I really want to know if..She ever actually got to tell Revali that she loved him before she died..I find it unlikely..The Calamity happened so suddenly and..No, it doesn’t matter now, what matters is setting her spirit free.  She’s been waiting a while..I noticed there were some Rito coming in and out of Runas' home bringing things and taking out withering flowers..I went over to see all the commotion.  Her house had flowers running along all of the railing and up and down the pillars to the entrance of her home.  Upon entering, I saw her hammock still hanging..Everything looked as if I’d been frozen in time I peered into the hammock and saw a small flower crown of sunflowers and a letter that looked like it’d been written long ago, It wasn’t opened and the Ritos told me to never touch it which I didn’t touch it..But I’m curious as to what information is inside.  I turned to her desk which had a box similar to Revalis but the box had the words inscribed into it “Revali’s Letters”.  The box looked like it’d been locked. There was a small shelf with two Ocarinas on it, one was made of porcelain and the other appeared to be carved from wood.  To my knowledge I believe she had three Ocarinas..So she must’ve died with the third..there were many vases of flowers that had just been replaced with fresh flowers.  Scented sticks were being burned on the desk as an Old Rito who was a woman came in with a dish of simmered fruit, it had an orange glaze over them..and the smell made my mouth water.