25. Coming Over

Pov Asher Wilson
________________

After tripping over my own shirt, which was laying as garbage on my bedroom floor, I landed with my upper body half on the edge of my bed, hitting my knee against the ground. A groan left my mouth, followed by a loud "FUCK" and I heard Billie chuckle at the other side of the line. 

'You good dude?' She asked, making me wonder when she actually picked up the call. It's been two days since I visited the house in the woods and this afternoon I realized I didn't even tell Billie a single detail from it, so I spammed her for a good 5 minutes that she had to pick up the phone while calling her several times. 

'Yeah, just hit my knee...' I whined, moved around to sit on my butt on the floor, leaning with my back against the side of my bed. 

'Hm, good, why is this call so urgent?' She chuckled softly, making me smile proudly at myself while looking at the wall. I liked the new friendship I built up with Billie. It felt special to have a female friend since they are so much different from the male friends I have. 

For example, girls respect it when you're feeling mad or sad, my guys absolutely don't and tell me to act like a man when I do so, except for Cole then, well sometimes then, depending on the situation. And girls are literally the most caring creatures in the world, minus Riley then, but she's just an angry little kitten to everybody. 

'You know what I discovered two days ago?' I said, my voice overloaded with excitement which wasn't needed at all, but I just was in a real good mood for the first time in a long time and I enjoyed spending my time with Billie even though it sometimes was about difficult topics. 

'Well?' She asked, hearing another girl shout something in the background which made her huff softly. 

'I might have found a suspect.' I smiled, leaning my head back on my bed while rubbing my free hand over my knee since it still hurt. A surprised hum was heard from the girl on the other line.

'That's great! I have suspects too, by the way, I didn't tell you about that yet.' She responded, making me sit back up in full curiosity. 

So Billie had been searching too? I didn't know she was into it so much too, but I won't complain about it, it only gives me more power and information, 

'Tell me the details, girl.' I spoke up, making her chuckle.

'Are you free tonight? I've got some footage on my laptop as well and I think you might be interested to see that.' 

<><><>

'Let me in!' I whined at the front door of Billie's house. It was raining and my bag with stuff I needed to spend the night here got wet due to it. 

A big amount of embarrassment flooded over my face when an older woman opened the door, looking surprised but friendly at me. I felt my cheeks turn a deep red color and smiled gently at her. 

'Good afternoon, Miss Edwards, I'm here for Billie.' I said with a big smile on my face, making the woman laugh and step aside so I could come in. 

'How polite, but you can call me Mia, come in quickly before you get drenched.' She answered while smiling at me. With a grateful nod I stepped inside and heard some rumbling coming from the stairs, watching how Billie jumped off the last few stairs before almost crashing into the wall. 

She shot a glare at me when I laughed at her and zipped open my coat. 

'I see you met my mother already?' She asked while pulling on Mia's wrist to give me a little space and so she could get in between us herself. I nodded in response and placed my shoes on the shoe rack before hanging my coat up too.