24. Jeffrey Adams

Pov Asher Wilson
________________

I watched with a whine as Matt sneaked into the house without even checking to see if there was a resident anywhere, leaving me outside since Cole followed him with a soft laugh. 

After watching them from outside for a moment, I took a look around and decided to walk in too on my tiptoes. Just to take a quick look around and to see what that door underneath the stair is. After making a whole round through the house on the ground floor, noting every detail down in my mind from what I've seen. I went to the stairs, being surprised by the amount of locks that held the hidden door closed. 

I put my ear on the cracky wood in the hope to hear anything, but it seemed like there was nothing. After taking a good look at the locks, I crouched down and laid down on my stomach, looking through the crack underneath the door, seeing that it was a door that led downstairs, in a basement I assumed. 

My thoughts went back to one of the visions from where Bea might be, knowing there was a ventilation grille in the corner of one of the walls where light came through. I quickly got back onto my feet and ran outside, walking around the house carefully to see anything that might look like that. 

When I crossed one of the corners of the house, I walked into a large man who was holding an air rifle which he pushed with the barrel against my chest, making my eyes go wide open. 

'Yah! Put that down!' I screamed in panic, grabbing the iron of the air rifle with fear, trying to push it down, but the man didn't let me and pushed me backwards all the way to the front of the house while shouting all kinds of things to me. 

Matt and Cole had already come outside too again and Cole grabbed the barrel of the gun, pushing it down roughly while pushing me back with his other hand to protect me. 

'Are you insane up there, bud?' He asked him with a raised voice, tapping on his own temple to sign the man what he meant. The older yanked his rifle back against his own chest, supporting the barrel with his left hand while holding the end with his right, keeping his finger on the trigger as he glared at us like a possessed one. 

'What are you doing on my property, brats?!' He hissed, ignoring Cole's comment. 

 'We didn't know you lived here.' Matt snickered, making me turn my head with an annoyed look towards him. That dude tried to make fun of any situation he got in, but that wouldn't be smart to do now at all since there was a fat ass guy in front of us with a loaded air rifle. 

'Shut your mouth, redhead.' Cole sneered at him, before looking at the angry man in front of us again. 

'We were just looking around sir, we didn't know that this house was inhabited.' He said calmly, but the man didn't seem to calm down. 

'There's a fucking car behind the house, of course someone lives here.' He responded, taking a step forward as Cole stepped back. I would prefer to sprint away now and get back into Cole's car, but I couldn't leave the boys behind. And besides, if I were to run away now, that guy would shoot me in the legs or something like that anyway, so it was of no use. 

'Well, it doesn't look like that old piece of rust still gets used, does it?' He growled, making the man point the air rifle at him again. 

'Get off my property! Now!' He shouted, making Cole grab my sleeve as he stepped past me with a grumble, looking pissed off which was totally understandable. 

'Sir, can I just ask one question before we leave?' I quickly asked, holding Cole's wrist to keep him from walking away. He gave me a questioning look and I nodded my head at him to soothe him, looking back at the armed man.