28. Talks And Doctors

Pov Asher Wilson
________________

After taking the cookies I just baked with Mia out of the oven, I heard the front door being opened and shut with a loud bang again, making me glance confused at Mia. She shrugged and glanced shortly in the direction of the living room while I washed my hands quickly and wiped them dry on my pants.

'Billie always shuts doors like they can't break, no worries.' Mia chuckled softly, laying her hand on my back to sooth me. A smile formed on my lips again and I nodded, feeling the worried feeling ease again. 

'Oh, Billie!' I called out, hopping to the hallway. The cookies looked great, she should really taste and rate them. 

I opened the door and looked in the hallway, seeing Billie sitting slumped down against the door, her eyes covered by her hands as she sobbed. Blood had dripped from her nose down her hoodie, and I already could see a big blood fleck on the light colored clothing. 

'Billie...'  I whispered as I walked up to her and kneeled down to her level, giving a stroke over her hair before taking her wrists, pushing them softly down so I could look in her glassy eyes. 

'What happened?' I asked worriedly as I pulled my apron off, using it as cloth to wipe the blood carefully away without hurting her. She shrugged and I saw her struggling to take deep breaths in an attempt to calm herself down. 

'Dustin punched me...' She managed to whisper with a few sobs in between. A dark haze fell over my face immediately when she mentioned Dustin, making me pull her against me as I sat back on my butt. 

She leaned into my touch without any hesitation and coughed a little, rubbing her eyes. It hurt me to see her like this, and especially because it was due to Dustin. I mean, he was a friend of hers, he should really keep his hands to himself instead of punching her and hurting her through words. 

'He's such a dick... Are you okay?' I muttered softly, wiping some blood from her throat. Billie shook her head slightly as Mia came inside the hallway too, falling to her knees immediately to hover over her daughter. 

'I can't breathe through my nose.' Billie murmured, making me glance at Mia who seemed to think the same as me. 

'Can I touch it?' I asked while turning her a little so she could lean against her mother. She nodded slightly and wiped some tears from her cheeks. 

'Alright, sorry if it hurts...' I said back, looking at her swollen looking nose before taking it between my fingers, moving it slightly. I could feel it crack underneath my fingers, so that only meant one thing. 

Dustin broke her nose by punching her. 

'Is it broken?' Mia asked as she stroked her fingers softly through Billie's hair. I nodded in response and wiped my fingers on the apron. 

'Yeah, I think so, you should take her to a general practitioner.' I looked up at her and she nodded, pecking Billie's head. 

'Then we will do that... Are you coming along?' 

'Only if Billie wants that.' I answered, moving my gaze back to Billie's eyes to get her answer. She nodded and pulled a little on my sleeve with one of her hands. 

'Come along too.' She muttered, inhaling deeply after. I nodded and stood up, taking her hands to pull her up too, helping Mia after as well.

'I will call the GP to see if he has time.' Mia said, hurrying back to the kitchen. I nodded and helped Billie out of her coat, hanging it up after.  

'You want to take a clean hoodie on?' I asked while tugging her hair behind both her ears. She nodded and turned to the stairs, walking upstairs quickly. I calmly followed her, wondering why Dustin punched her, but I would ask her that later, she had to be taken care of firstly.