1

-"this uniform ain't going nowhere until Hitler's body is buried deep down in hell"________________________________________

________________________________________

BIANCA'S POV

| 1942, Toccoa, Georgia |

You know when you are about to do something you've never done before, like starting a new job or learning a skill, and you feel like you have no idea what you are doing, you are scared, nervous, like you are about to shit yourself. That's what I'm feeling right now. Like I'm about to shit myself. What the hell have I gotten my fucking ass into? Toccoa, Georgia. My home for a while forward. How I managed to get in the fucking army is a fucking mystery. But here I was. Standing outside of the camp where I was about to undergo basic training. I'm fucking nervous.

I took my first step into the camp, my bag in my hand as I looked around at the many wooden barracks, the soldier walking around in their uniforms, platoons doing PT, and behind it all were the big and beautiful mountain, Currahee. It stood tall with forest growing up the sides. I walked further into the camp, earning plenty of looks as they saw the female figure move towards the administration office. I knew very well that the female nurses weren't trained here and so did them, so my presence here was nothing but confusing. I walked into the administration office and up to the receptionist.

"Name?" He asked without looking up, he had just heard my steps.

"Bianca Guerra." I said and he looked up, hearing the feminine voice, making his brows furrow at the sight of me.

"Bianca? Guerra?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yes, sir." I said.

"Nurses aren't trained here." He said.

"I know, sir. I'm here to train to be a paratrooper." I said and his brows furrowed even more as he leaned back in his seat.

"Is that so?" He asked and I nodded.

"On whose orders?" He asked.

"Colonel Sink." I said and he raised his brows.

"On the Colonel's orders?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yes, sir." I said and he let out a scoff.

"Harold!" He said loudly and a scrawny kid came out to the front.

"Get Colonel Sink." He said.

"Yes, sir." He said and walked out. The guy in the reception looked me up and down, disapproving of my presence, it was written all over his face. And I understood it as well. I knew it would feel disgraceful and violating to have a female in the company. I didn't expect to be approving of my presence, but I hoped I would earn their respect and approval one day.