15

-"But not even war can make you a real man

-"But not even war can make you a real man."
_________________________________________

JOSEPH'S POV

"Foxhole Norman." Luz said with a sigh. Our new C.O. Norman Dike, the laziest fuck we've ever encountered. After Holland, Winters got promoted to X.O of 2nd battalion, leaving us with Moose Heyliger but he was shot after we helped rescuing a bunch of brits. Leaving us with Lieutenant Dike. Because that's what we needed right now, a C.O who were sent down here for combat experience.

"Well, at least he lets the other officers make his choices instead of Sobel who would've gotten us all killed within the first hour." Toye said as we were all lying in our tent smoking.

"Yeah and he also lets a fucking suicidal NCO run around like this was a fucking schoolyard." I muttered, referring to the fact that Dike had a thing for Guerra and let her do whatever she wanted. She almost had as much authority as the officers.

"Then I suggest you to get your fucking ass outside and take my fucking place and see how easy it is to hold a fucking schoolyard together with a C.O who never is around." We heard Guerra say firmly and my head snapped up to see her in the tent's opening, my eyes meeting with hers.

"Go on, I would like to see you have a go at it. You seem to think you are competent enough so go on." She said.

"At least I would get the position because of my skills and not because of blowjobs." I said and she gave me a devious smirk.

"Are you jealous? Wishing you were higher ranked so someone would give you a blowjob? Must be hard for you being just a Corporal, no one seems to want those." She said emotionlessly.

"Get your asses up and out to the mess hall." She said and then closed the flap.

"Ouch." Luz said and I gave him a glare.

"Fuck off." I mumbled as we got up and out of the tent, I glanced over to see her talking to Winters and Nixon. She always seemed to be on the officers good radars, no matter what she did.

"Lieb, come on, you've gotta talk to her. You can't keep going like this." Luz said and I looked over at him.

"Like what?" I asked, knowing very well what he meant. It has passed some time since Holland, the few times B and I had exchanged words we'd ended up fighting, snapping at each other, giving each other remarks and dirty looks, the only difference between back in the Toccoa days and now was that she was our Platoon Sergeant and had more authority than me, meaning she could send me on extra guard duty or order me to do these worthless tasks that she usually had sent the replacements on.

"Fuck, I'm just gonna say it blankly, Lieb. You have to apologise to her." He said and I furrowed my brows.

"Excuse me?" I asked.