24

-"Sounds more to me that you wanted one of the toughest soldiers in this company switched out so Mr

-"Sounds more to me that you wanted one of the toughest soldiers in this company switched out so Mr. New Grad here could take the lead."
_________________________________________

BIANCA'S POV

"There you guys are." We heard Luz say as he approached Babe and I. We had found a bench behind a building that was secluded from everything else. The combat had died down, the air was finally free from booming explosions and the loud sounds of gunfire.

"I just heard." He said and I nodded, taking a drag out of my smoke.

"Hey guys." We heard Malark say and saw him and Perco approach us. They all sat down and brought out a smoke as well.

"I've been offered a permanent position in the Army." I said, dropping the bomb I've been carrying since Foy. It was only Sink, Winters, Nixon and Spiers who knew about it, obviously, it was Sink who had offered me the position.

"What?" Luz exclaimed shockingly. Their eyes were widened, in shock. I nodded as I took a drag out of my cigarette.

"I've been offered to stay as platoon leader for 1st platoon after the war." I said, looking down at my feet.

"Holy shit." Babe said and I nodded.

"Yeah, holy shit." I mumbled, taking another drag.

"Holy shit, you are actually considering it." Luz said and I looked over at him.

"Yeah... yeah I am." I confessed.

"I'm not surprised though. It's like you were born to do this." He said and I let out a chuckle.

"You're staying in the army?" Perco asked and I nodded slowly.

"Yeah, I believe I might do." I said.

"Does Joe know?" He asked and I shook my head.

"And none of you ain't telling him." I said looking around at all of them and they nodded.

"Yeah, no, I won't, I've managed to not get my head slapped in months now, ain't starting now." Malark said and we all chuckled.

"I just needed to tell someone." I said and they nodded.

"When did you get the offer?" Luz asked taking a drag out of his smoke.

"After Foy. Sink said that he needs an answer soon, otherwise he might offer someone else the position after the war is over." I said.

"Do we really believe the war is over soon?" Luz asked.

"Don't know, it's a gut feeling." I said, leaning back onto the wall.

"Wanna bet?" He asked and smiles began to grow onto our faces. Luz, always betting.

"5 bucks?" He asked and we nodded.

"Four months." Babe said and I chuckled.

"You believe we've taken over Europe in four months?" I asked.