5

-"A girl like her, she won't date a soldier

-"A girl like her, she won't date a soldier."
_________________________________________

BIANCA'S POV

My feet was starting to hurt as we walked in the pitch dark. Which idiot came up with the idea to walk in full gear from fucking Toccoa to fucking Fort Benning. It's on opposite sides of fucking Georgia. Some goddamn moron. And it had been one of the most boring marches so far. Usually on our Friday night march in Toccoa, it was light and noise discipline so we basically had to keep our yaps shut. But marching from Toccoa to Fort Benning, we had no such restrictions. But, they placed my fucking ass in between Liebgott and Malark. And hadn't Malark been there, then I don't know what I would've done because Liebgott had woke up on the wrong side of fucking life. His attitude was pissy and it was almost like he was back to who he was in the beginning.

"Easy Company! We are staying here for the night!" Winters said loudly and we all stopped marching. And started trying to find a place to sleep.

"May I kill him or something?" I asked Malark who chuckled.

"Not yet, let's just find Luz and Perco." He said and I nodded and I gave Liebgott a deadly glare as we passed him and Muck.

"Easy there tiger." Malark mumbled.

"Aye, look who it is, the Irish and the Royalty." Luz joked and we chuckled as we approached him, Perco, Randleman, Martin and Talbert.

"How's those feet?" He asked and we chuckled.

"Like I've been walking for 18 hours." I said and they chuckled.

"How's 2nd platoon?" Martin asked.

"Well, Guarnere has been muttering the entire time. Toye almost fell asleep walking. Muck and Penkala have been making inappropriate jokes like always. And Liebgott woke up on the wrong side of life." I said and they chuckled.

We got settled in on the field, we of course didn't have any tents or anything to sleep in, we were gonna harden underneath the stars, using our bags as pillows and out M1 as a blanket. But honestly, no one seemed to complain about it. We all sort of knew that we needed to get used to it, this was gonna be our life soon enough. But Guarnere had managed to get his hands on some whiskey which helped us keep ourselves somewhat warm, if not then at least we were in a good mood.

"Alright, I'm gonna take a piss." I said and got up from the ground. I began to walk amongst the groups of men who had settled down on the field just as we had. I walked onto the road that lead into the woods. The wind was blowing in the trees and the clear night sky was shining bright, showing a clear view over the constellations and the moon when I heard branches in the forest breaking and it sounded like footsteps.

"Who's there?" I asked but I didn't get an answer, what I did get was the sight of a figure walking towards me in the forest. Who the fuck was this?

"Guarnere, is that you? Come on, this ain't funny. Just give it a rest." I said but the figure stayed silent and I felt myself get a bit more anxious.