10

C46 - Try and escape- Part 2

"Let me show you a fun place of the castle," Jungkook said, walking ahead of her and Lisa took a few seconds before she followed him. She noticed how he slowed down for her to catch up.     

"You said you had the wolves with you for a long time. Were they little pups?" Lisa asked with a hint of curiosity in her voice.      

Jungkook was pleased with her question that she was taking an interest in knowing more about him now. Baby steps were good with him than no progress, but he was no idiot to not listen to the words and her actions carefully, "I had them before I entered the castle here."     

"Entered?" asked Lisa, her eyebrows knitting together in question.      

"Mhmm," he responded to her without giving away too much information, "They are one of the most loyal animals, and they wouldn't think twice to follow my words. We are here," he said when they came to stand in front of large walls that were made of holly.     

Lisa's eyes moved from the left to the right, looking at the tall green holly and taking the sight of it. She had read about this, but this was the first time she had come to see and witness it.      

"Welcome to Devon's hedge maze, Lisa," Jungkook announced to her, his body turning to look at her with his hands in his pockets to see that she was fascinated by it, "I have a proposal to make," his words caught Lisa's attention.      

"What is it?" she inquired.      

"It seems that you want to leave this castle behind and go back home. Let's have the maze decide if you can be allowed to leave," his red eyes continued to look at her, his expression serious as he said this. Lisa could feel her heart rejoice by his words.      

"You are serious?"     

"Absolutely!" he answered her burning eyes. He caught how her stiff shoulders turned slack at his words as if she was happy and it somewhere made Jungkook happy but for different reasons, "It is also a very good exercise. The maze is a big one, and it has many paths to pick or leave. If you are successfully able to get out of the maze's exit point by the time of the evening, I will let you go."     

Lisa was eager to step into the maze quickly, but she had never walked in one. She had heard that the castles often had bigger hedge maze compared to the other mansions which were small and it made her doubtful if she could do it, but at the same time, Lisa was desperate. She would do anything to get out of here.      

"You mean it?" Lisa wanted to make sure he wasn't playing with her.      

"You have my word. Get out of the maze successfully, and I will have the carriage prepared for you to go home," Jungkook promised her, his eyes gauging her face and his tongue reached to run over his fang.      

She hadn't entered the maze, and she hadn't come out from the other side of the maze yet, but she could see the light of hope where she would be able to leave the castle.      

"Do you agree to it?" he asked her.     

"Yes," came the immediate reply.     

"But," came the pause and she should have known there would be the other side of the deal to it. Jungkook said, "If you don't make out of the maze before the clock strikes six in the tower clock which I will ask the servant to do, then you will never bring up the topic of leaving again."     

Lisa pursed her lips, "What time is it now?" she asked, and this had him smile at her.      

"Smart girl," he pulled out the pocket watch from his vest. Flipping it open to say, "It is three minutes past one. Plenty of time to take a full walk in the maze and leave. Ready?" he asked her.