57

C281 - Consequences- Part 2

"Six," her grandmother was the one to answer, "Your parents were so scared that they didn't dare to have another child for ten years after the incident took place."     

Ten years and six...She was in the coffin for sixteen years, and nobody came to see her? Unable to look at them, Lisa looked down at the table that was in the middle.      

"You could have searched for other ways," she whispered.      

"There was no other way, Lisa," said her grandfather, "When your parents visited Carnival's village again, the last thing we expected was you showing up at the doorstep. Do you know how much trouble that had caused us. And you woke up yourself, probably opening it yourself."     

"You are blaming me for something I had no control of," Lisa raised her head to meet their gaze.      

Her grandfather shook his head.     

"I don't think everything was peach after that," said Jungkook, gaining the old couple's attention.     

"No, we had to make up reasons. The worst thing was, during the same time, one of the members of the High House had visited the village. Of course, we took precautions making sure she wouldn't kill," answered her grandfather. "But after two years it happened again. Breaking glasses, screaming or finding herself in odd places. We thought maybe staying in the coffin for sixteen years had taken away whatever darkness was in her, but we should have known better. Lisa killed another girl, and this time, it was in front of her sister Momo."     

Lisa sat on the couch uncomfortably with the way her grandparents looked at her right now and the things they had hidden for years. They looked at her like she was not supposed to exist.      

"Momo said she saw a vampire kill the girl. The girl who shared the same name. Jennine our friend," stated Lisa.      

"We didn't want Momo to follow your path, so we decided to tamper her memory. It took more than a week to get her to believe that it was a vampire," her grandmother looked like she was tired, with her lips set in a thin line and her eyebrows raised.      

They tried to meddle with Momo's mind?      

"But that is not all you did. Is it?" Came Jungkook's voice who was staring at the couple in front of them intensely.      

When her grandparents didn't respond, Lisa turned anxious. She wasn't sure if she was ready to hear it, "Did you put me back in the coffin?" Lisa questioned.      

"We did," replied her grandfather, "But we did something else along with it."      

Lisa asked, "What?" The silence in the room felt dreadful.      

"The fallen angels lost most of their powers, and it was just a few basic ones that they possess. But in Lisa's case, the second time she attacked that girl, she sprouted wings," explained her grandpa, "The wings that were white, were drenched in blood. An angel is not supposed to harm anyone."      

"Is that why you placed the knife on my neck the night you put me in the coffin for the first time?" inquired Lisa.      

Jungkook was more than interested in seeing the story being unfolded and the way Lisa was asking questions which he needed answers for.      

"We did it for our own protection. To keep your parents safe," replied her grandfather to stand up from his seat, walking towards one of the windows which was kept open for ventilation. "We couldn't keep you like that, with the wings which were soaked with blood. We knew you were going to cause more death, deaths of innocent people. So we sent you to this man named Walter Penhallick. He has been around for some time, dealing with the rare cases of the apples that turn bad."