7

C30 - Making me Jealous

Lisa felt herself gulp at the voice that spoke to her. The hand was stopping her from opening the door, and she wondered why she even stepped inside this room when she wasn't willing to have dinner with this man.

Staring at the door, she demanded, "I want to go back to the room."

"Is that how you speak to your King?" his words demanded with an edge in it, his hand that was on the door moved towards her.

Lisa closed her eyes, forgetting in her anger and desperation that this man was not only the King, but he could kill anyone he wanted, and no one would ever hear of it.

"Please, I want to go back to the room," she added her request, her eyes eyeing his hand to make sure it wasn't going to get closer.

She felt Jungkook step even closer and heard him take a deep intake of breath, "You know, Lisa," she heard him speak in a low voice behind her, "If you run I am going to chase you. Like it or not that is going to happen, and if you run and I catch," his words were slow and deliberate, "You won't like the outcome after it. So why don't you join me at the table, hmm?"

Lisa moved her head to the side to notice that if she turned around, she would be able to see his red eyes even more clearly, "Okay…" she didn't like the position they were in.

"So easy, yet you decide to make it difficult for yourself," chimed Jungkook making Lisa think that if it weren't for him keeping her, she wouldn't be making anything complicated.

When Lisa felt him take a step back along with his hand, she finally released her breath to turn around and see him walk towards the table. The table was set with a red cloth spread on it with a candle burning brightly at the centre, and plates laid down along with fork, spoons and knife. Food was placed in a trolley next to the table.

Jungkook pulled the chair, waiting for her to take a seat.

"Is it normal for a King to do this?" she asked him, as she looked at him to have his eyes staring at hers.

"What do you think?" one side of his lips pulled up to a smile, "Sit," he ordered, and she made her way to the table and sat down gingerly.

With the tight corset, she was made to wear, Lisa wondered if she could really eat anything in here. Seeing Jungkook sit opposite to her, she glared at him.

"What would you like to eat first? There's sizzling crabs or spiced lamb which has been roasted in the fire," he said to her in a charming tone, but Lisa was in no mood to be charmed by her captive.

"Are you going to serve tonight?" asked Lisa, a certain challenge in her eyes.

Jungkook smiled, his eyes holding amusement, "What is the point of being a King if you cannot make use of the available resources around you," and as if on cue, a maid stepped inside the room, bowing her head before she started to walk towards the table and served them dinner.

When the lid to the container was opened, Lisa's anger dissipated and all she wanted to do was eat right now. Being angry and not touching the food would be her loss. And if she did plan to run away, she would need the energy to do it. Lisa looked around the room, her eyes taking in to realize that this was how the King's bedroom looked like—made of lavish things.

And while Lisa was ogling at the room, Jungkook who sat in front of her drank her appearance. Her eyelashes were long, fluttering every once in a while as they blinked before continuing to look at whatever it could find. Her lips were delicate and pink in colour, and he wondered how it would feel under his lips.

"I didn't get to hear from you today," said Jungkook to bring her attention back at the table where her sweet expression turned back to a guarded one.

The maid was almost done serving, and she left the room for the time being.