16

C76 - Scraps- Part 1

Lisa had not bothered to look or make another eye contact with Lady Somi, who sat directly in front of her at the table. The glares were too obvious, but the one time she did make eye contact during a conversation, she noticed how they looked mellow and sweet like she had meant no harm.     

But she knew better than to believe the facade that Lady Somi was adorning right now. After all, she was the same person who had dropped her down the carriage when they were halfway away from the castle.      

If only the Wilmot's had dropped her in the town or the closest village, she would not have been here.      

On the other hand, the vampiress, Somi, couldn't stop thinking about how Lisa had come to stay in the castle, again. When her mother had agreed to stop the carriage and drop the human had brought immense pleasure to her heart and mind. Looking at the girl who had given a distressed look that had made her laugh, and she would have still been laughing if the girl was not here in the same room. How did she manage to get back to the castle?      

Somi couldn't stop glaring at every opportunity she found when Jungkook was not looking at her way, and she knew Lisa could sense her gaze from across the table as it appeared that she was trying to not look at her.      

But Somi wanted to know about Lisa. The King had taken an interest in the human girl which had come to her notice, "How did you get back to the castle?" asked Somi, "I was worried when you asked us to stop it in the middle of the forest, and it is such relief that you are alright. Brother Jungkook, I hope you are not upset with me," the vampiress asked for forgiveness and Lisa furrowed her eyebrows on what Somi meant by her words.      

Jungkook, who had been enjoying his meal, looked up at Somi, looking utterly oblivious of what she was speaking, "I don't know why I would be upset with you," he smiled at the young vampiress, and this had made Lisa confused.      

"Lady Lisa must have wanted to visit the town first, but she changed her mind and wished to stop the carriage so that she could get down," said Somi with a concerned look on her face.      

"Did she?" asked Jungkook with apparent fake surprise, and he looked at Lisa, "Is that so?" he asked testingly even though he had heard Lisa's version of the story.     

Lisa wished she could throw the glass of water at the vampires, but she doubted she would be satisfied with just water being thrown. This vampiress was playing the King and Jungkook was humouring her.      

Having both Somi as well as Jungkook's eyes on her, Lisa took a deep breath and said, "Yes, I wanted to take a walk in the forest. Thought I could find some rabbits and serve them to you," her words were polite. Lisa had always been a respectful girl, and it wasn't in her nature to poke and twist words.      

"Such a sweet and thoughtful girl," praised Jungkook as if she had already brought him the rabbits, "Isn't she, Somi?" Jungkook put the question back to his cousin who didn't understand how Lisa's little escape had turned to Jungkook praising her.      

"Yes," came the clipped answer with a smile upon Somi's lips. When her red eyes met the brown one's, the smile on her lips grew, and she then asked, "Did you find the rabbits? You should probably join us when we go hunting. Brother Jungkook never misses his mark, he's excellent," Somi flattered Jungkook in return, but the King didn't heed to the words.     

"I don't think Lisa is ready for such hunts yet," Jungkook replied before picking up a piece of meat which he placed in Lisa's plate, "Try this," and he went back to eating to leave Somi's mouth agape.