43

C211 - Sitting with you- Part 1

Lisa was the one who was tending Momo's hand where the blood didn't stop from bleeding. The wolf had taken a bite at Momo's hand as if it was a piece of meat that had dangled itself in front of it.      

"It hurts!" Momo cried in pain, unable to handle it being touched.      

"I warned you not to go near the wolf," Lisa didn't want to remind that she did warn Momo about the wolves, but Momo had tried to be brave like many other times thinking the wolves would let her pat their head without wanting to bite on her, "If we don't clean it well, it might cause an infection. And you know how the infection turns out to be."     

"No!" Momo exclaimed in worry and fear, "How would I know that such beautiful wolves would want to bite me?! Why would they even let it out in the open??" she gave out an incredulous look to Lisa.      

"You cannot cage everything inside. Animals need to breathe too," replied Lisa, pressing the cotton on Momo's hand and then dipping it in the water. "I will wrap this with the cloth so that the bleeding stops. Okay?" saying this, Lisa applied the medicine before wrapping the cloth around the wound which she had asked the maid to get so that it could be used to wrap Momo's palm.     

Momo looked at the water that had turned red because of the traces of her blood in it, "What am I going to do now? I won't be able to use my hand well," she said, her lips pressing against each other.      

"I will ask the King if he can assign you some maids. They will help you in getting ready and helping you with what you will need," Lisa answered and Momo gave her a nod.      

Though outwardly, Momo had a solemn look on her face, internally she was bursting with joy. At least there was one good thing that came out from being bit by the wolf. The thought of having her own personal maids brought tranquillity in her chest. The room she had been given was grand, but Momo was still curious about how Lisa's room looked like as it wasn't located here.      

Momo was eager to explore more of the castle. She could barely wait to live here, in this kind of place. She was happy until she remembered her encounter with the vampiress lady a few minutes ago.      

"Who was that rude girl out there?" inquired Momo, bringing her hand close to her when Lisa was done tying and securing the ends of the cloth so that it wouldn't come loose.      

Lisa, who knew who Momo was referring to, answered, "That is Lady Somi. She is the King's relative. A close cousin."     

Momo didn't like the girl one bit. She didn't care if it was a human or a vampire. The vampiress was looking down at her as if Momo was some mere peasant from the village who was not supposed to be here in the castle. How dare she look down at her! Asked Momo in her mind. She was some girl who was the King's cousin, not the sister of the King. Therefore, Momo didn't bother to dwell in it. At least that is what she told herself, but somewhere her thought went back to it. It had been a while since someone had spoken to her in such a disrespectful manner.      

She heard Lisa say, "Don't pay attention to her. Lady Somi belongs to the high status…"     

Of course. People who belonged to the high-status family were allowed to look down at people like her. The worst part was that the lady had only looked down at her and not at Lisa as she was going to marry the King.      

"Once I am married to Markus, I would like to show her not to belittle people like me," replied Momo and Lisa smiled, "Markus is a wonderful man. You will like him."     

Lisa didn't know why but it felt like she had heard the name before, but she couldn't remember where. There was another Markus who lived in the next town, but Lisa doubted her sister was speaking about him.