45

C221 - Supper in the castle- Part 2

Momo was not sure if the King was truly joking or not. Momo looked at Markus who sat across from her before saying, "Milord, some of the men came with parchments that had seal on it from the royal court. They told that you ordered them to demolish the shop as it was not needed."      

Hearing this, Lisa felt her heart sink. She turned to look at her father in worry that they had to witness something like that.      

Jungkook asked again, "And how did you know that the order was from the royal court?"     

Momo said, "When the shop was being broken down, Mr. Wilmot was passing by. He confirmed it." She had already seen the seal when the invitation has been sent to their house.      

"How fortunate," Jungkook chimed, the two words dripped in sarcasm but the Wilmot's didn't change their expressions. They knew the humans were stupid enough to go blabbering about it in the future.      

With Markus' name that came up in the conversation, the vampire turned to the King, "My King, I was there when the unfortunate incident took place. Ms. Harris is right. The parchment held the seal of the court."     

Jungkook dropped his forks and knives on the surface of the table. Bringing both of his elbows to place on the table and interlocked his fingers together, he placed his chin on top of them, "Did you know that they were related to Lisa? That they were Lisa's family?" asked Jungkook to Markus.      

"No, milord," answered Markus, "I didn't know they were related to her at fir-"     

"But you knew about it later," stated Jungkook, his eyes calmly looking at his cousin who held a serious look on his face.      

Compared to his previous response which was quick, Markus took a second to answer, "Yes, milord."     

"How strange that neither Harris nor you reported it to me," Jungkook said, his eyes shifting to look at Harris' family.      

Lisa wanted to speak, to tell Jungkook that her parents were only worried that they had done something bad and the King was reprimanding them for it. She hadn't expected Jungkook to bring the conversation at the table today, to clear it. This would allow and let her parents know that it wasn't him who had asked to destroy the shop.      

When she turned to look at her parents, she noticed the slight shock on their face. It seemed like, they were now realising it wasn't Jungkook who had ordered it.      

"Pardon me, milord," Markus apologised, bowing his head, "I didn't want to raise questions on your decision or orders."     

"What good subjects I have," commented Jungkook, without looking away from Markus. He then looked at Lisa's parents, "It seems like someone fooled you and got the shop torn down. The next time if something like this happens, I would like you to send a letter immediately to me or contact the minister of the village. I am sure he will respond to you unless he's been bribed and doesn't care about his dear life," he smiled saying this.     

Lisa's parents bowed their heads for the misunderstanding they had until now about the King, "We will be sure to do as you have asked, milord," Mr. Harris complied.      

Jungkook gave him a nod.     

Lisa felt relieved that her parents didn't have to be worry about the King harming them. When her eyes met his, a faint smile appeared on her lips and Jungkook tipped his chin returning the smile before continuing his meal.      

Right now in Lisa's eyes, Jungkook shared the attributes of a bad wolf but there were also some admirable qualities.      

Lisa was not in love with Jungkook but she was allowing herself to acknowledge and accept the King. It was the wisest thing to do if she was going to be stuck with him. Jungkook had stirred physical feelings in her and even though she tried to ignore it, the heat that she felt was something that returned, everytime her mind went to what happened at the chapel of the castle which she doubted was a holy place because Jungkook had done unholy things with her there. Bringing her legs closer she squeezed her thighs together.