68

C336 - Red Riding hood- Part 1

After seeing Lisa off to her room, Jungkook walked towards the East Wing of the castle, his footsteps quieter compared to the time in the morning against the cold floor of the corridor. With every step he took, the cold torch lit up with fire, and when he walked past the lit torch, it exhausted itself, turning that part of the corridor cold and dark again.

Reaching the doors that were painted inky hue, he pushed them to step inside the room. Not too long, the doors of the room opened again, this time it was Taehyung who had entered the room.

"My King," Taehyung bowed his head. He was no more in his nightclothes which he had been wearing in his room, he had changed into a regular shirt and trouser.

Jungkook was looking at the grounds of the castle through the closed glass window when Taehyung arrived. He turned around to catch sight of the bruises that were on Taehyung's face. He had heard about Taehyung's and Samuel's fight over his half-sister, on what transpired in the evening.

"Why aren't your bruises healed yet?" asked Jungkook, his eyes narrowed at the red lines. A vampire took less than thirty minutes to heal bruises like this.

"I am not sure. I thought it would have healed by now," replied Taehyung, but Jungkook didn't move his eyes away.

Jungkook's jaw ticked, "That bastard," he muttered under his breath, "Make sure that Samuel Greville never enters the castle again. And stays the fuck away from Jennie."

Taehyung didn't have to be told as he would make sure to keep Samuel away from the vampiress. Jennie had openly declared on dissolving her and Samuel's marriage, "I wonder how we missed it," Taehyung heard Jungkook say.

Seeing Taehyung's questioning expression, Jungkook said, "Samuel is not just a vampire. He's a demon. If the wound is caused by a vampire or a human, the wound heals quicker, while the wound given by our own kind, it takes time to heal."

Jungkook ran his hand through his hair. It was possible that Samuel was not aware of his and Taehyung's true identity. They had known Samuel for two decades, and neither of them had found out about each other being demons until now.

"It would have been helpful if I had gotten into a fight with him years ago," murmured Taehyung in thought.

"How is Jennie doing?" questioned Jungkook. He hadn't seen her after he had broken the news about him being her parent's murderer. He wanted to make sure she was alright, and she wouldn't make any rash decision. He walked towards the table where the bottles of wine and other liquors were kept, pouring the liquid in two glasses before he offered one of them to Taehyung. Something he didn't do with everyone.

Taehyung took the glass from Jungkook, replying, "She's trying to hold up. I thought we decided to not tell her about it ever."

"Hm, we did, didn't we," said Jungkook, making his way towards the large window, "She would one day find out about it. Instead of her finding it from someone else, I thought it was better to tell it myself while not mentioning your involvement in it."

Years ago when Taehyung and Jungkook had planned the King and the Queen's murder, they had agreed that it would be something that would be kept just between them while the rest could make up theories that would be nothing but baseless without any foundation of proof. That way, the High House who had risen in authority at that time would never find out the truth.

Now with a third person knowing it, Taehyung wasn't sure if Jennie would be able to keep the truth within herself. For a vampiress, she was less of a vampire and more of a human, someone who was influenced by little things. As much as her parents used her as a pawn by getting her married to Samuel, Jennie had continued to love them. He had seen her breakdown when she had seen their bodies.