30

C146 - Tailorman with another lady?- Part 2

Sehun Heathcliff stood on the other side of the room, with his back facing the King as he spoke to the guests who were acquainted with Lady Catherine.      

"You must have met Sehun during the time of the ball which was hosted by the King," said Lady Catherine to one of the couples who had come to greet them and was curious about the good looking man who stood next to her, "Sehun was kind enough to accompany me to the ball."     

"How kind," said the woman who was eyeing the man next to the lady, "It is good that you have a partner, Lady Catherine. Peter was out of town for work, and I didn't have any dancing partner," laughed the lady at the end, who was plump and who appeared to be in her late forties.      

"They must have been intimidated by you, my dear," stated the husband of the woman who placed his hand around his wife's waist.      

"You mean they were scared of me," replied the woman to laugh again before she said, "So Sehun, what do you do?"     

Sehun was looking somewhere else when the woman questioned him. His eyes immediately looked at the woman who was waiting for him to answer even though he had introduced himself to her during the time of the ball.      

"I am a tailorman, Lady Dorothy," Sehun smiled, his words polite and the woman for a moment looked taken aback by his profession.      

"A tailorman?" asked Lady Dorothy's husband, Peter.      

Lady Catherine seeing the look of surprise, said, "Yes, Sehun is a very esteemed dressmaker. He makes clothes for the King and the ministers."      

Catherine was a vampiress who was lean and had a heart shaped face that made her look delicate and pretty. She was the daughter of a Duke who lived in the town away from the village, East Carswell. Since the time she had met Sehun Heathcliff, she had been taken by him. His kind manners and gestures had won her heart. She had taken every opportunity that she could, to bring him into her part of the higher society, wanting him to get involved and be familiar. But even though no matter how much she tried to capture his heart, somewhere it felt that his thoughts were somewhere else.      

"It must be nice to assist the King," commented Lady Dorothy, "I hear the pay is always good when it comes to working with the King," the woman had the habit of laughing more than necessary and the people around only smiled and nodded to her words.      

"You should one day go to his shop. Sehun is very talented. I am sure he will get the best dresses stitched for you," Lady Catherine tried to advertise the man's work.     

Sehun bowed his head, "Lady Catherine is too kind to praise my humble work. I do what is possible and with what I have," he said.     

"If Lady Catherine is speaking so highly about you, I think I will have to pay a visit to your shop. Isn't that right, Peter?" asked Lady Dorothy and her husband, who looked a few more years older than her, nodded his head.      

"That is right. I would like to see it myself on what makes you so special, that has dear Catherine singing your praises," said the man. Lady Catherine hearing this blushed, but Sehun gave a tight smile. He knew what was being hinted at, but he had come here only to offer company to Lady Catherine and nothing more than that.      

He had wanted to refuse her since the time he had openly spoken to Lisa about his feelings for her. But Catherine had been more than persistent in trying to comply with her requests. Being the man he was, he didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.