54

C266 - Lurking- Part 3

Lisa was in the parlour room of the castle listening to her mother and her sister speak to each other in the room. Lady Rosamund had left the castle after breakfast, telling she had to go back to the mansion. To Momo's delight, the older vampiress had taken Somi along with her. The only reason Lady Rosamund had taken her daughter was for the sole reason, to avoid Somi causing any trouble.      

Lady Jennie was in her room, resting as the young vampiress had told she had a headache. Lisa wondered if Jennie was alright. She had missed her breakfast before, and today, she stuck to her room.      

"What did the tailorman want, Lisa?" asked her mother.      

Lisa, who was in her thoughts, looked up to meet her mother's as well as Momo's curious eyes. She didn't know if she should tell it or not, as no one knew if Sehun had really done it.      

"It seems they found a person's body in our village, which was buried in Mr. Heathcliff's backyard," Lisa said softly to receive gasps from the two women.      

"How did that happen??" her mother looked quite taken aback by this news.      

Lisa then said, "I think they are still trying to figure out what happened."     

"Who knew Mr. Heathcliff would do something like that," Momo was quick to jump into conclusion, "This is why you should be careful about people who are quiet and behave as gentleman-like."     

Lisa frowned upon hearing this, "I don't think Mr. Heathcliff would kill anyone. Just because the body was found in his backyard, doesn't make him a murderer."     

Momo laughed at this, "You should be careful of what you say, Lisa. Speaking out your mind so openly. If you are going to turn to a Queen, you should know how to behave like one, but you were never prepared to be one. What did the King say to it?"     

"He told he would look into it, and Momo, nobody ever wakes up to be a Queen. Things like those are picked on the way," Lisa reacted to Momo's words which was a jab to tell how unfit she was, "Even if I don't know things, whatever the Queen says goes. We should not worry about things like that."      

Lisa noticed how Momo's eyes narrowed over her words. They were sisters who had spent most of their time next to each other, but they were different. Lisa knew from the beginning that she and Momo were always different. She had been hearing taunting words like this from her sister for all these years, but she was not going to let Momo look down upon her anymore. She loved Momo, but that didn't mean she would stand Momo speaking to her in such tone.      

"You don't have to feel so offended. I was merely telling it-"     

"And so was I," Lisa offered Momo a smile, "The King said he would look into the matter to see what is going on."     

Momo felt slightly humiliated. Just because Lisa was going to be a Queen, her behaviour towards Momo was changing, "You might think things are easy, but it's going to be hard, Lisa." Lisa didn't have the backbone to be the Queen, but Momo decided to keep it to herself. Standing up, she said, "You should be careful with what you speak with the King and the affections that you display for Mr. Heathcliff. Loving another man while being married to the King is nothing less to treason."     

Mrs. Harris, who was sitting with them, listening to the exchange of words between the two girls, said,     

"Both of you," she warned while looking at the door to make sure no one was there or walking by to hear. The woman then looked at Lisa,