64

C316 - Solace- Part 1

Lisa stood behind the wooden divider, wearing her wedding gown in the King's private parlour room to check the gown's fittings. With less than eleven days left for the wedding, they had to make sure everything about her wedding gown should be completed, and if there was any need for alteration, it would be done right away before the gown would find its place in the castle.       

She wore the inner petticoat first, and upon which she had worn the gown. Its sleeves went up to her wrists and the neckline of her dress was turned to a crescent shape. The back of her dress went down until the midway of her back in V shape to be buttoned down.      

"How do you find it, milady?" asked the female assistant who stood in front of her with an expression of awe on her face.      

"It is lovely," replied Lisa, moving towards the mirror that wasn't too far away from the divider so that she could take a look at herself, "It's beautiful," she murmured, running her hands over the fabric of the gown which was made of silk.     

"You will be a beautiful bride, milady," whispered the assistant. The female assistant had worked in Mr. Heathcliff's shop for some years now, and they had stitched many wedding gowns. Gowns of different fabrics and style, and she was the one to go and help the bride try it out before the wedding. But in these many years, she had never seen someone who looked in this beautiful in the gown. It was hard to tell if it was the gown or the girl who wore it, that made the whole thing outstanding.      

This might have been one of the best wedding gown that they had ever made, of course, it was for the future Queen. It had to stand out. But that wasn't all to the story. The wedding gown had been designed by Sehun Heathcliff out of his affections he had towards Lisa which the assistant wasn't aware of. He knew he would never be able to have her next to him, and somewhere along those days of making the gown, he had made his peace or had tried before going ahead to make the gown with his assistants.      

"The veil will be delivered tomorrow as its work is still in progress. This is the completed wedding gown," informed the assistant, "Is there any other alterations you would like us to do before we wrap it for the big day?"      

"No, this is fine. Thank you for this," Lisa thanked the assistant who gave her a bright smile.      

The assistant had seen the young daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Harris before, the sister of the beautiful Momo Harris. Compared to her elder sister, Lisa had always been gentle, always offering people her kind smile. It was good to see that she was to be the Queen of Devon.      

Once the gown was removed from her body, it was placed in the box, Lisa changed herself to her regular clothes before stepping out of the wooden divider to see Jungkook's eyes watching her, "Everything good?" he asked her.      

"Yes, it's beautiful," she replied, and at the same time, the assistant stepped out with the box.     

"You did a good job on the dress. I will make sure you are paid well for it," said Jungkook to have the assistant bow her head.      

"It is all thanks to Mr. Heathcliff, my King. He is the one who designs the clothes before we start to work on them," answered the woman, keeping the box on the couch. She took three steps away and asked, "Have you heard anything from Mr. Heathcliff?" she asked worriedly.      

Lisa's eyes moved to Jungkook, who said, "Unfortunately, nothing so far. The charges that were against him have been dropped as it was Markus Wilmot who killed the girl. We have let the nearby villages and towns know about it. Hopefully, the news will reach to him, and he will get back to work again," he offered a kind smile.