97

C481 -Washing the walls- Part 2

Lisa continued to stay in Jungkook's embrace, and it soothed her troubled mind. Even though the demons and the fallen angels who were after her ability were now dead, she didn't know why but there was a feeling in her mind as if it wasn't over. Was it because Paschar and the other angel named Michael had appeared to take her away from this place? But then they had agreed not to take her to Heaven after listening to Jungkook and Vladimir's words.      

"Did the physician come to the castle?" questioned Lisa. Everything had moved so quickly in haste that Lisa continued to feel the jitter in her nerves.      

Jungkook hummed in response, "Yes. The guards called three physicians from the nearest village and town. Most of the people have already been checked and are in the process of being treated."      

"Jennie too?" she asked, pulling away from him and taking a step back so that she could meet his eyes without having to crane her neck up.      

"Her too. Paschar checked her before I came to get you from the mountain. You did good, Lisa," Jungkook praised her, and the little remark was enough to bring a faint smile on her lips. "But you were also bad in trying to heal people. Not once, but twice." There was a stern look in his eyes, and Lisa's eyes lowered.      

She knew she would get to hear about this from Jungkook once they would be alone. "I wanted to help."     

"I know, my sweet rose, but at the cost of your own life?" asked Jungkook. Jennie was a dear sister of his, and Raphael was someone he could count upon when his own relatives couldn't offer that kind of help. And as much as they were important, Lisa was the breath to his soul. If something happened to her, he would have torn both Heaven and Hell apart until he would reunite with her again.      

He then said, "It might be wrong of me to say, but Paschar and the others are waiting for you to enter Heaven. Dark angel or not, they would happily receive you. And you put yourself in such risks," he tsked in the end.      

Jungkook placed his finger below Lisa's chin, raising her face closer to him so that he could inspect. He then leaned forward to lick the blood that had smeared across her lips. Lisa felt his warm coarse tongue lap on her skin, making her tremble before he pulled away.      

With the chaotic night that fell in the Hawthrone castle, the guests who had overstayed in the castle had started to pack their bags and put in the carriage so that they could leave. Some had already left, and there were barely two or three guests who had not started to pack their trunks. The sounds of the carriage could be heard as if they were leaving the castle. The guests who were leaving had already met Jungkook, when Lisa was in Beth's room. Some of them now made their way to where Jungkook and Lisa stood, bowing their heads to offer their greetings.      

Seeing them leave at the end of the corridor, Jungkook said, "If you look at the brighter side, there will be fewer people to worry about, and only people who matter have stayed behind."     

"They always do," whispered Lisa. Her mama always used to tell it was always the difficult times that showed who stuck in life.      

When one of the servants was walking past them in the corridor, Jungkook questioned, "Are the maids attending Lady Monique?"      

The servant bowed his head, "Yes, my King. Three maids are right now assisting Lady Monique. Would you want me to send a few more?"      

"No, that will be fine. Have the servants clean the front part of the castle first. They can finish the rest later," ordered Jungkook.