34

C166 - The weather is changing- Part 2

Compared to the last few days, Lisa and Jungkook's relationship had improved, something the King was looking forward to, and something Lisa had not realized that everything around her was subtly changing that included the way she was looking at things.     

The need to accept was what Lisa was working on now. She heard Lady Jennie speak so fondly of the King; it was hard to match the qualities. But then Lady Jennie was too kind. Lisa had a feeling that if someone brought a giant spider in front of the vampiress, the lady would sit down to pat it and say how good it was.      

Though she didn't forget the icy demeanour of Lady Jennie in the presence of Taehyung.      

"After the ball, the King wrote me a letter. It is not often that he writes a letter. I didn't get the opportunity to attend the ball for Hallow. He mentioned how he had found the girl he was looking for," Lady Jennie informed, in such a way as if two girls gossiping about others which weren't ill but in good mind. Lisa's face turned red by hearing this, and Lady Jennie only smiled, "Since then, I have been very eager to meet you. You are very beautiful, Lady Lisa. My apologies for my excitement when I met you."      

"That's alright," replied Lisa. Lady Jennie was pleasant to speak to, and Lisa was more than happy to have her company, "Pardon me, but I thought all this while all the vampiress are very uptight."     

Lady Jennie chuckled hearing this, "I share the same sentiments. I would blame the upbringing. I guess as I grew up in the castle where my parents were busy with work and parties, I just happened to grow away from them."     

Lisa remembered that Lady Jennie and Jungkook's parents were dead. But then they were half-siblings and each of them had one different parent. She wondered how their parents were. The way Jungkook acted, it was hard to say that they were kind, she didn't know why, but it was a strong feeling that they weren't like Lady Jennie.      

"It is why I am familiar with the King's wolves. I have spent more time around the average things," so that was the reason, thought Lisa to herself and she nodded her head, "If you ever feel bored here in the closed walls of the castle, you should go meet them."     

"I don't think they like me much," answered Lisa, sipping her tea and then putting it back on the saucer to hear Lady Jennie say,      

"It is just in the beginning," the vampiress waved her hand like they were harmless creatures, "Once they know who you are and that you mean no harm towards the King, they are really friendly. The wolves are friendly only to Jungkook and me," she said thoughtfully.      

Lisa wondered how old Jungkook was. The humans believed that the night creatures were someone who came from the devils as a gift or were devil themselves. The gift of years with youth that would prolong, unlike the humans who came and went in a short period. And considering that Jungkook had wings, it only made the rumours that much more believable.      

Years had passed since Jennie was married, and it made Lisa question next if Jennie had any children. She wouldn't be surprised if she did, "Who is there in your family?" asked Lady Jennie.      

"My parents and my older sister, Momo. They live in East Carswell," replied Lisa and Jennie nodded, acknowledging it before asking,     

"Is your sister married?"      

"No, she is looking at the suitors. She will get married after that," Lisa wished that Momo would allow the King to look for someone for her, but she had refused it. And as polite as the letter was, it only made Lisa worry that she was possibly angry at her. Was Momo still upset about Jungkook not picking her?