71

C351 - Eyes everywhere- Part 2

The sound of the gunshot echoed in the surrounding empty houses where Lisa stood in. Looking down at the demon with her eyes that were slightly wide, she caught sight of the hole that had formed on the back of his head, which was done by Jungkook.      

"We need to put him in a coffin," suggested Jungkook and Lisa who was still in shock with the sudden attack that took place. She followed Jungkook, who dragged the demon's body to the forest.      

She looked down at the dead demon. She had never heard about a demon being buried in the coffin. She wondered if it was the same like vampires who died, and was left to rest in the coffin box. Lisa, who was walking behind them, curiously eyed the demon before asking,     

"Why did you kill his wife?"      

Jungkook knew this question was going to come up since Holden had mentioned about his wife's death a few minutes ago, "She killed people. So I killed her," was his simple answer.      

"Why did she kill people?" asked Lisa, "Did you know there are other demons in here?"      

"Not many," answered Jungkook, "Taehyung might be the first one I met and befriended. A lot of them stay disguised, blending with the humans so that no one will ever come to suspect and they can continue to live their lives. I found killing humans, some of my potential blood givers. Using them as a sacrifice. Demons like to play innocent here."      

Lisa's eyes moved around them as they walked past one tree after another, heading towards the inner heart of the jungle. In the past, it must have been convenient to have a nearby graveyard, thought Lisa to herself.     

"What did you mean by sacrifice?"      

"In the realm of demons, the more you kill, the higher position you achieve in the underworld," explained Jungkook, "People enjoy doing bad things, to achieve higher power. At least that is what I heard. Taehyung also came up with the theory that it was because of the past deeds that I have my wings. But we know it's not true."      

Lisa questioned in her mind if his grandfather, who was now awake, would come to find out that his daughter was dead and also find out that he had a grandson. Looking at Jungkook, she couldn't believe she was following him to the graveyard to bury a demon. Her eyes kept darting left and right. While Jungkook was dragging the demon's leg, on the way, the demon's head clunked with a stone on the ground, and she noticed the demon groan.      

Her eyes widened, and she said, "He's alive!"      

"That's what he said, darling. I cannot kill him," said Jungkook before going to explain, "He's a level three demon, and we will need more than holy water and silver bullets to send him back underground."     

"Keeping him in the coffin will be enough?" It was because she wasn't able to stay in the coffin forever.      

"Yes. A little trick of spell and he will happily continue to sleep in the coffin." After pushing the demon into one of the cemented graves along with another old body as company, Jungkook pushed the lid while murmuring something under his breath, "There. All better. It's time to return," said Jungkook, his wings spreading wide open to show the pitch-black feathers that were attached to it, and the two of them returned to the castle.      

At one part of the borders of the land of Devon, stood a tower with walls surrounding it. It was the place of the High House, where people worked in the name of providing justice and help to the public. But in truth, it was used only for their benefits so that they could hold most of the control and power on the lands of the humans, vampires, and some of the werewolves. But there were also other creatures like the fallen angels and demons existed in this very earthly realm.