72

C356 - Wounds on back

When Jungkook and Taehyung returned to the castle, the guard who had informed Raphael saw the carriage and quickly ran towards the King so that he could inform him.      

"My King!" the guard bowed deep. He fidgeted, "M-milord, the lady…"      

Jungkook raised his eyebrows on which lady the guard was speaking about, "Speak more clearly," he ordered the guard and the guard gulped the ball of nervousness knowing the King might chop his head for the sole reason of informing him the bad news. But he was glad that Mr. Sparrow had checked the lady to make sure she was still breathing.      

"Milord, Lady Lisa-" and the guard couldn't complete his sentence as Jungkook dashed right past him to see what happened to her. And even Taehyung didn't wait for the guard, instead followed Jungkook.      

When the door to the room flew open, Jungkook caught sight of Lisa who was lying on the ground with a pool of blood around her, and his eyes narrowed in anger. "What happened here!" he demanded from Raphael, who had taken to lean against the wall and was waiting for Jungkook's return.      

"The guards were the ones who found her with the head maid's body in this state," explained Raphael, and when Jungkook made his way near Lisa, ready to pick her up and place her on the bed, the card reader warned him, "Don't. Something is going on with her. She seems to be radiating."     

Jungkook didn't care about it. He didn't care what was going on or if Lisa was destructive right now because he couldn't stand at the side and watch her continue to lie on the floor of the room like some dead person. Bending down, Jungkook put his arms around Lisa and he felt similar pain that he felt yesterday when he had touched her hand. Despite the pain, he carried her to the bed to lay her down.      

Raphael stared at the King, who had been adamant enough to touch Lisa.      

He noticed the slight change in Jungkook's expression, and the King made his way to the basin before spitting out blood from his mouth. Raphael's eyes widened at this, and it shifted to look at the girl who looked harmless by appearance, but only a few people knew how powerful she was.      

Jungkook's mood had turned foul, not because of the physical pain he felt but by seeing Lisa who looked hurt, "Tell me in detail what happened," he said, meeting Raphael's eyes, "I want to know everything."      

"The guards heard screams coming from this room and thought something happened. They found Lady Lisa and the head maid lying on the floor. The head maid is dead," informed Raphael so that Jungkook would not ask where she was, "The lady was found in the same state as you saw her. I didn't let anyone enter the room. I thought it would be best if you see her first."      

What Raphael couldn't comprehend was how Jungkook could touch her without getting injured completely. It was evident by the looks that Lisa was not in her normal state and had stepped into a place where touching her was not safe. He could sense the danger radiating from her even from this distance. It was like a fire, waiting to turn any and everything to ash.      

The guards were dismissed from the entrance of the room, and hearing light footsteps approach the room from the ends of the corridor, Jungkook looked at Taehyung, "I don't want anyone near Lisa right now. Nor see her."     

Taehyung bowed his head, stepping out of the room, he saw Jennie making her way towards the room. Before she could reach, he met her halfway, "Lady Lisa is resting."     

"Is she not well?" asked Jennie with concern in her voice. She was ready to go past Taehyung, but he came to stand right in front of her, "Jungkook wants her to take some rest."