28

C136 - Not all cages are bad- Part 1

Lisa had seen the wings before, but she hadn't got a good glimpse of it as they disappeared quickly behind his back without a trace. Jungkook stood in front of her, his black feathered wings that had come out to bait her.     

If he had brought it out, did that mean that they were going to fly to where ever he had planned to take her? Asked Lisa to herself.     

She gave an apprehensive look at Jungkook, "I don't know where we are going." The way he had spoken during the time of the morning, it seemed like there was a cage or something she would not like waiting for her.      

"You will see," Jungkook said, his hand still waiting for her to take.      

After a second more, she finally placed her hand in his. When they stepped into the balcony of the room, Lisa couldn't get her eyes off of Jungkook's wings. They were truly big, like a bird's wings, but this one was much better. As she had grown up, she had heard the folklore of how it was angels who possessed wings. Wings that were big and made of white feathers but here they were black.      

Maybe it would have been ironic if Jungkook had white wings. Black wings suited the King for the personality he had, like the wings belonged to the devil who was handsome yet scheming one.      

"You were asleep for many hours," Jungkook said and Lisa finally broke her gaze away from his wings to look at him and then at the sky which had changed colours. The atmosphere didn't feel warm anymore as the time of noon had passed like it was trying to welcome the evening wind. "It worried me that you had hit your head hard," saying this, Jungkook's hand moved to the back of her head. Rubbing it gently and Lisa felt the tenderness his touch held.      

The shock of seeing two maid's heads roll had been something she found hard to digest. She didn't know she would faint, but she did, and she must have fallen on the ground in the court.      

"How did I get back to the room?" asked Lisa, her eyes staring at Jungkook where his gaze moved back from her head to meet her eyes.      

"I carried you. I wouldn't like someone else touching you in my presence," stated Jungkook, a hint of possessiveness laced in his voice. Lisa noticed how his hair looked dishevelled as if Jungkook had been running his hand through his hair over and over again, compared to his regular hairstyle where his hair was usually combed back.      

His eyes didn't look bright and overbearing. It seemed rather mellow, making Lisa question herself if it was the change in brightness that put him under such light in her eyes now. But then looks were deceiving and so was this devil who stood next to her.      

Jungkook had not let go of Lisa's hand. He saw how her eyes looked curiously at him like she was trying to figure out something. He enjoyed, taking pleasure that she was taking interest in him even if it was for dark reasons.      

Back in the court, he had done what he had to do, and he didn't hold a sliver of remorse for his action. Jungkook made sure that every person in the castle heard through whispers to beware of what would happen if they were to speak a single word about Lisa, that would hurt her. But he hadn't expected her to faint; after all, she had held up fine last time.      

It had got him worried when she hadn't woken up and he had stayed by her side, in the room. Waiting for her to wake up while letting Taehyung to look after the court proceedings until he would return. The King had never left court duties for a woman's sake because no one was worth it. Women, he had bedded many, and he wasn't ashamed of it. They were nothing but pawns. Even if they had tried to reach out for him, it had always been to claim the position next to the throne.